Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my oldest coin to date. Someone stuck in one of the rolls (this was actually machine rolled), an extremely worn English penny. I used the magnafying glass at several angles and finally was able to make out the date of 1867. Like I said it was extremely worn. There reverse has the outline of the person in the chair, and the obverse instead of the bust of the king it was the outline of one of the queen, and she is facing to the left. I need to get my digital camera figured out so I can post pictures. Also found 1 64 Kennedy, 5 40% and 1 74D double die (#89, 11 more to 100). HH all.

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds Wayne! Your English penny made the oldest list for this year.

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean about finding anything pre 1900 with my detector, I have yet to find any coins with mine. I have found a few indian heads pennies, but none pre 1900. The only identifiable items I have found that are pre 1900 and several CW minnie balls.

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
Wow, amazing what people will stick in a roll of coins. My guess is that the person who put that in there was definitely NOT a coin collector.
Great find.
HH,
Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread