Road trip of sorts... more vacation than road trip though.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This past Friday through today I had a mini-vacation with destinations in a few parts of Minnesota. No idea what my final numbers will be as I have about a box and a half of halves and a bag of nickels left to search through, but I will say no matter what part of the state I was in, I got somebody just bought the bag off the machine yesterday or someone just bought all we had yesterday, or we don't have any as someone was just through. The locations were spread out enough (100-200 miles apart) that I doubt it was the same person in all locations.

I did manage to pull a couple a 40% and 3 silver dimes. Also had a couple places I could have bought halves, but didn't as they said you wouldn't want these...one guy drops off bucketfuls every week and these are all his. I said, "Okay" and kept on moving right along. I'll run through the totals later, but I would be surprised if there were 10 silver coins total (5 so far with $800 or so left to open).

Upvote 0

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've hit 14 banks this week, and I heard the same thing over and over.

"We had $480 in the vault, but someone bought them all on Monday."
"We just shipped out a bag of halves last week."
"We don't have any, but when we do, we save them for a good customer."

I did buy $220 worth...all skunk.

OP
OP
G

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JJDEMARAY said:
Went on a huge trip through Minnesota about a month ago. Sorry about that...

Unless you were there on Friday of last week through this week it wasn't you, even if it was I wouldn't care I was driving where I was going anyway so I didn't spend any extra just didn't find as much as I had hoped. I have only done 1-4 road trips a year for the past few years and have mainly focused on smaller denominations as they are easier to deal with.

Did find a lot of NIFC (2002+) halves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread