Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I don't mark any coins, but there must be some heavy markers in my area. I keep getting their dumps.

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't mark coins. I HATE seeing marked coins. I want to punch the people who mark them in the face.

It does absolutely nothing for you. Who cares if you get your coins back. You are still going to search the rolls so why bother marking your coins.

I really really HATE seeing marked coins.... >:(

PLEASE don't start marking your coins.

Rojas108

Nov 6, 2008
I like seeing lombardo .. i get silvers with him. However these new ones with 3-3 and 3-4 on them are not bringing much luck with.

FingerGrime

Mar 3, 2009
Kentucky
SeaninNH said:
I don't mark coins. I HATE seeing marked coins. I want to punch the people who mark them in the face.

It does absolutely nothing for you. Who cares if you get your coins back. You are still going to search the rolls so why bother marking your coins.

I really really HATE seeing marked coins.... >:(

Ditto

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009
I could care less. My best dream box was full of marked coin. Marking allows you to determine the most efficient means of getting that coin far away from you. In the grand scheme of things it may mean very little increase in silver, but I'll take it.

That being said it takes way to long (adds 15min on to each box) to mark all the coins. If I was retired maybe.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few marked with a colored marker didn't bother me too much, but the jerk out there that is gouging across Kennedy's face is irritating the crap out of me. The last two boxes I did had 1/4 to 1/2 the coins gouged. No need for it.

kb4iqm

Mar 26, 2011
Southeastern Tennessee
TooManyHobbies said:
A few marked with a colored marker didn't bother me too much, but the jerk out there that is gouging across Kennedy's face is irritating the crap out of me. The last two boxes I did had 1/4 to 1/2 the coins gouged. No need for it.
That would irritate the heck out of me too. Some people are CRHing to build collections, and others might need one or more of those to fill empty spots in a collection. To intentionally damage circulation coinage is not only annoying to others, it's a federal crime.

Bob

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I really don't care about getting marked coins, in fact I enjoy seeing some of the more creative marks and the ones that apparently take chisels to the coins :laughing7: but I really don't see that it really helps you in the long run and just adds time that you could be spending doing another box.

coin flipper

Mar 25, 2011
East Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
looking to buy one
Attack of the red marker!!! I always get marked coins. This week I had a 40% with nail polish on it. Guess they didn't notice the year. I have gotten a lot of ones so far with a hole drilled in it from rolls and bags. Guess people had them as necklaces or on their key chain. That is my tell tale if I am going through the same stuff again. Take a photo of it and throw one or more in the dumps. You will always get more or get one you had back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread