First Road Trip in Weeks

dpy52081

Feb 16, 2011
Long Island, NY
Finally got to hit the road again today as I have been crazy busy at work and hit an area I hadn't really hit before. Most banks were skunk, one bank where I don't even have an account let me buy a whole box of halves. The manager obviously knows about CRHing and assured me that the box was sealed and even said "I hope it's full of silver, good luck!" That box produced two 40%ers, not bad.

Went to other banks asking for halves and silver dollars, one teller said "I have $300 in halves, but I don't think you will find what you are looking for." I played dumb and smiled and asked what she meant, and she told me that some guy dumps his halves there and even showed me that they were re-wraps. She even told me that she picks silver herself. I thanked her for her honesty and moved on.

Next stop was a Wells Fargo, no halves, but I saw that the teller's tray was full of silver. There it was, staring me in the eye, 11 quarters and a bunch of dimes. I tried to hide my excitement and asked for them. He said he couldn't give me all of them because he has a customer he saves silver for. I asked how long it had been since the guy came around bc it looked like he had a lot of silver and he told me the guy hasn't been around in 3 or 4 months. He said he couldn't keep them himself because of bank policy. I asked how much was there, and he counted them and there were 11 quarters and 34 dimes ($6.15 in face). I put $26.15 on the counter and said that the $6.15 should cover the coins and that Mr. Jackson would like to be his new client (corny I know and feel free to rip on me for that). It took him a minute to see what I was getting at and finally he caught on and gave me all the silver. :headbang:

Started heading home and saw a capital one right off of the parkway so I figured what the heck, let's give it a shot even though it was in a slightly dodgy area. The teller had $5 in halves and all were silver! Eight 40%ers, a 1964 JFK and a 1949 Franklin :laughing7: I also picked up a box of nickels for the heck of it.

All in all:

3-NIFC halves
10-40% halves
1- 90% JFK
1-Franklin
11-Quarters including a 1937d
30-Roosies
4-Mercs
120 Ikes.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread