Todays TD Dump Surprise and 6 Boxes of Halves

db23

Mar 18, 2011
Today's TD Dump Surprise and 6 Boxes of Halves

Today just started off a good day. I stopped by a TD to dump 2 boxes on my way to pick up 6 boxes. I look on the floor in front of the penny and thereā€™s a ā€™63 dime right by my foot!

I took it as a sign that I should buy some dimes today and did, $115 in CWRs. Came up empty on that and $190 in CWR quarters, but they are already dumped. Stopped at a bank that has about $150 in halves but they are in the vault and they can't open in on weekends, or so they said - I'll be going back there Monday. I also stopped at another branch of the same bank that had $100 in CWR halves in the vault so bought them (after they opened the vault on a weekend), skunk. The Manager at this branch was real nice, she said that most of the tellers have loose halves in their trays. She's going to collect them this week for me to come pick up.

I moved onto my 6 boxes of halves that I picked up. It started off slow but certainly picked up a bitā€¦

Box 1: 2 40s
Box 2: 9 40s
Box 3: 1 40
Box 4: 2 90s and 1 40
Box 5: 2 90s and 2 40s
Box 6: 5 90s and 7 40s (one ā€™64 JFK has a hole drilled in it)

I also got a 1984 coin that visually looks silver but has a ā€˜Pā€™ mint mark. Possible someone actually silver plated it? It certainly doesnā€™t have a mirror like proof finish like the clad proofs that Iā€™ve gotten.

Iā€™ve already dumped 4 of the 6 boxes from today! Now I sorta regret asking for only 4 boxes next Saturday instead of 6 from them.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread