Second CWR Hunting Trip - Walker and Franklins!

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Buddy and I went CWR hunting. We get off work early on Fridays, so we figured it'll keep us off the streets and out of the bar.

First 3 banks said some little old guy beat us to the halves a day earlier. These banks were rural independent banks, but right along a major interstate. Further off the interstate we had a bank that said their other branch just up the road had a bag full of half dollars. We stoped at another bank in the same town and hit the jackpot!

$280 in CWR that they had in the vault. Bank said they came in loose and were just wrapped by the bank teller that morning. Sounded like someone's dump, but we paid in cash and sat in the car looking through them we found:

90%
1 Walking Liberty, Date worn off (need to find my loupe to see if I can see it)
2 Franklin Halves 54D and 61D
3 1964 JFKs
9 40% JFKs.

No Proof, NIFC, or anything else of note.

We then high tailed it to that branch in the next town that had the bag for us. When we got there "Sorry guys, an older gentelmen came in a few hour ago and bought them all...what is with half dollars lately?!?!"

6 Banks...1 Jackpot. I like these odds. It is like a scratch off lottery ticket that when you lose, you get your money back!

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice haul for the amount searched - always pays to buy all they have, whether you think they are dumps or not. You might find a solid roll or two that way.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great scores......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread