Rural halves hunting trip

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
I went on a rural half hunting trip today to the NE of the city I live in. 12 banks, all had nothing..... $65 in halves, nothing. A lot of tellers saving them themselves or someone getting them all just recently. Are these typical results for you guys? First time I ever hunted in that direction....was new territory to me. Other directions have turned out well...

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never been hunting to the NE of your city. ::) Seriously, it's like that everywhere with more competition. Lotta new folks on here thinking they are gonna get rich! Ain't gonna happen. If you think you're going to find a ton of silver then forget it. Best way to find it now is to try to buy under melt.
HH
enamel7

OP
OP
Dok Holliday

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Too bad guys think they are going to get rich...This is just a nice hobby to keep me off the streets and out of the bar :)

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
I here this all the time ( we just sold them all to a gentleman) or ( theres another man who came in here earlier and bought them all) or my favorite from a teller ( we already checked them for silver) Im starting to miss the days of $10 an ounce silver

OP
OP
Dok Holliday

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
santafeboy said:
I here this all the time ( we just sold them all to a gentleman) or ( theres another man who came in here earlier and bought them all) or my favorite from a teller ( we already checked them for silver) Im starting to miss the days of $10 an ounce silver

That's pretty much what I got. I got it so much...and I'm seeing everyone else gets it a lot....I'm starting to think it is a B.S. line...

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
I think just about every time I've been told that they "already checked them for silver", I actually found silver ::)

HH!

OP
OP
Dok Holliday

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
quiksilver said:
ever since silver shot up competition shot up , so now i bank hunt less and box hunt more

I have been pondering doing more than just 1 box a week, but I've been pretty luck with CWR hunting the last 2 weeks. I guess I've been too afraid, as my pick-up bank is also the Credit Union I use personally for all of my business. I love this Credit Union and don't want to make the tellers too angry with having to handle a lot of heavy half boxes. I guess I'll just need to have a nice conversation with them on the phone on Monday. Thanks for the tip!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread