Box of Quarters

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone else do quarters, and do them successfully? Or is this a denomination where a super high volume is requied?

Kinda makes me want to start an arcade :)

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I do quarters, don't have very good luck but they are really, really easy to dump. I average 1 silver for every 2-3 thousand I search through.

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Generic_Lad said:
I do quarters, don't have very good luck but they are really, really easy to dump. I average 1 silver for every 2-3 thousand I search through.

Thanks for the info! I might have to give that arcade another thought...

OP
OP
Metalmole

Metalmole

Apr 6, 2011
New York
Detector(s) used
White's Classic ID, XLT spectrum, Coinmaster TR, Whites Prizm 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only reason i did quarters this time was because when they opened their floor vault the box looked old and I thought the coins would be older. I was wrong, the teller said that the box was laying around and they had a bunch of rolls they put in it >:(

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Quarters are so awesomely easy to dump, but I gave up on them after finding nothing.

A week after I swore them off, the teller at the post office found one in a roll...go figure!

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
nice job on the nicks, too bad on the quarters...better luck next time, and on the cent box! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
Quarters are hit and miss. Went through a box of quarters yesterday and it was a skunk. My box prior to that I got on silver quarter. They are easier to dump thou than halves. I tend to have better luck with nickels and dimes. HH

OP
OP
Metalmole

Metalmole

Apr 6, 2011
New York
Detector(s) used
White's Classic ID, XLT spectrum, Coinmaster TR, Whites Prizm 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i went to dump these quarters the teller was actaully happy to take them. Thats the first time any teller was happy to take any of my coins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions