Comedy of Errors
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    May 2011
    32 times

Comedy of Errors

So my wife, daughter and I went to a neighboring town for to do a little business. My half boxes weren't in yet, so we stopped to get some dimes....$800.00 of dimes...and 7 Eisenhowers that I figured were worthless. I told my wife to spend them on groceries or something.

Had fun edge-sorting those, but threw out a few pesky canadians which I learned tonight might have had value. We found just one 64 Rosie.

Now to the coin-counter, cash back and more dimes...this time $750.00 dollars worth. In these we found 3 more Rosies in the last few rolls.

Free coin-counter once more, broke the machine with my dimes in it. My totals square, so no lost money.

Getting home, Coinflation informed me that the Eisenhowers were worth $12.00 apiece, and pre-68 Canadians were not to be sneered at.

Bye the way, the wife had not spent the Ike's yet, so we're good. Dumb, but good.

HH Hunting, and I wish I could have gotten to know Richard Hartford.

us
    Mar 2011
    california
    garrett ace 250, pro pointer
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Comedy of Errors

were they silver clad ikes?? 40% silver, or just clad ikes...which are worth a dollar each...

us
    Feb 2011
    America
    1632 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

If the edge of the ikes have a copper look, spend them for $1, if they look 40%, keep them.

HH
    BuffaloBoy
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

us
    Apr 2011
    23 times

yep, coinflation doesnt specify that they are worth the $12 IF they are a S mint mark... other then that, spend em

us
    May 2011
    32 times

Thanks gang.

Yes, I checked Coinflation again and read the fine print. The Ike's don't weigh up, so the wife can spend 'em.

Whoever said "Ignorance is bliss" really knew what they were talking about !

HH.

PD

us
    Mar 2010
    Colorado Springs CO.
    Bounty Hunter QS
    18 times

nice finds! one question...if you found some canadian coins, why would you throw them in the trash? put them with the rest of your rejects and try putting them thru the coin counter, and a lot of the time it will accept it...keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]
    CHAINCHOMP

us
    May 2011
    32 times

@ Chainchomp

We give the Canadians to our daughter that helps us search.

I am convinced that not very long from now, American money will be worth less than Canadian even in coin.

So somebody will be willing to trade straight across, or with boot.

us
    Jun 2011
    Laurel, Mississippi
    Garrett ACE 250
    11 times
    Coin Roll Hunting

Speaking of Ike's, I saw on feebay last night where someone was selling 10 Ike's and the bid was around 35 dollars....Clad ones too...Some people are morons
    2011 Conference USA CHAMPIONS!!

us
    May 2011
    32 times

You could probably sell any toned clad for a premium...("silver", you know). But I haven't the moral torpitude to do that to anybody.

Sponsored Links