Todays Road Trip to PA = 4 Skunky boxes But 3 Solid Rolls Save the Day!

db23

Mar 18, 2011
Today's Road Trip to PA = 4 Skunky boxes But 3 Solid Rolls Save the Day!

Went on a planned road trip to PA today. Started off by hitting NJ for some 'cheap' gas and I saw a chase there so I stopped to ask for halves. Teller said she had $500 so I instantly thought dump. Instead of taking all of it, I took $100 and left. I went through it and found a '69 so of course went back for the rest and found 2 more 40s.

I then went to a bank that I ordered 4 boxes from - about 60 miles away. All turned out to be Brinks skunks.

I met up with my father, who wanted to drive around to banks with me. As we started to drive, he pointed out a bank sign for a bank inside a mall. I figured what the heck and turned in. Best decision all day! I asked the teller for halves and she had 2 in her tray but the other teller said there was $70 in back. Said I'd take all $70 and she seemed pretty happy. Not nearly as happy as I was when I got back to the car and my father started unrolling a solid roll of 40s! There were 2 more rolls that were almost solid, each one had 19 40s and copper clad. I also found 2 40s in the other 4 rolls to make up for that short, essentially giving me my 3 solid rolls of 40s.

The rest of the road trip was unproductive. Hit about 30 banks total and only the first 2 banks produced the silver for me.

One funny thing was when i asked for halves at 1 bank the teller had 2 of them. They turned out to be one of each 1987 P & D.

Total take of 63x 40% makes me pretty happy!

Oh yeah, I also deposited the 2 solid 2011 dime boxes into my WF account out there. Hopefully they never find their way back!

Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's Road Trip to PA = 4 Skunky boxes But 3 Solid Rolls Save the Day!

good score. I love finding solid rolls, even if it's 40%ers.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009

Dang u get around

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

:o awesome score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! huge congrats! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SAAAWEEEET, nice score!

AgentX

Dec 21, 2010

Great score! Congrats! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread