YELLOW OR BROWN PAPER HALF DOLLAR ROLLS

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
in my search for rolls of halfs.a couple of the banks have brown and white paper rolls verses the yellow and white paper.but i never find anything of interest let alone any silver in the brown paper rolls.does anybody know the difference or what the brown signify.i'd also like to know if anybody in any other states comes across any other color paper rolls?i've heard of silver color as another color but i've never seen any.when i see the teller walk up to the window with brown color rolls i just think to myself DUDS!input appreciated.thanks all

Upvote 0

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Not much difference really.. they're just paper that sorting facilities use to wrap their coins.

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have 2 different supply banks. 1 uses brinks and the wrappers are brown and white. The other uses CWI and the wrappers are yellow and white.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the black and white wrappers, that's what supplies my area.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i think theres more to the color coding.i'll keep searching for the missing piece of the puzzle.as to the color i dont think the armor car carriers reroll the coins.when they pick up the bags of coins from the banks they take them right back to the federal reserve bank and they process them,i could be wrong but i dont think so?but if that is the case then who that uses the brown and white paper maybe they cherry pick out out all the silver.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a scan of the black and white half dollar wrappers I get in my area

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 430

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
nomad 11 said:
i think theres more to the color coding.i'll keep searching for the missing piece of the puzzle.as to the color i dont think the armor car carriers reroll the coins.when they pick up the bags of coins from the banks they take them right back to the federal reserve bank and they process them,i could be wrong but i dont think so?but if that is the case then who that uses the brown and white paper maybe they cherry pick out out all the silver.

No.. the carrier companies count, sort, & rewrap for banks who have their own cash vaults. If they have too much or too little.. they send to or ask for coins from the FED. Trust me. I've called the FED before.

I posted a video of one of the sorting facilities in action a while back (a few years ago).

If you have too many skunk boxes.. it probably has to do with your area. If it's been heavily searched.. finds are less.

THUNDERCHIEF

Jun 19, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350;
Garrett AT Pro;
MineLab Pro Find 25.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread Revival!!!

I was wondering about this too so I searched and found this thread.

My problem is that all i ever get so far is CWI boxes with yellow coin rolls for the half dollars and I have not found any silver (so the opposite situation of the OP). So, I am thinking that my area may already be hunted out (But, I just started and only hunted 4x $500 boxes of halfs so far).

Also, my last 2 boxes were sealed but did not have the dated CWI stamp like my previous boxes did....does that mean anything?

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread Revival!!!

I was wondering about this too so I searched and found this thread.

My problem is that all i ever get so far is CWI boxes with yellow coin rolls for the half dollars and I have not found any silver (so the opposite situation of the OP). So, I am thinking that my area may already be hunted out (But, I just started and only hunted 4x $500 boxes of halfs so far).

Also, my last 2 boxes were sealed but did not have the dated CWI stamp like my previous boxes did....does that mean anything?

Youre worried about only searching 4 boxes with no silver? Try 50+ which is what my current skunk streak is- I dont mean to be harsh but if you get discouraged by no silver in 4 boxes maybe this hobby isnt for you-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread