This Guy Cant Be a Member Here

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
This Guy Can't Be a Member Here

Went in to WF to pick up my order and I see a older gentleman with a rolling 2 wheeler cart, and 6 canvas bags. I watch as they load his cart up with 6 boxes of halves and once he leaves and I am paying for my order, I ask the head teller if this guy is bringing all these back. Teller says, "yep, it kind of makes for a lot of work for us." You think?? I am amazed they are allowing him to do this, especially considering the amount he is doing. There is no coin machine in lobby as in other WF in my area. Can anyone here imagine picking up 6 boxes from a bank and then going right back there a few days later and having them count them and then saying, "I'll be back tomorrow to pick up my new 6 boxes."

I have seen this guy at another bank I pick up from (the cart gives him away) and I spoke to that teller also and yep....Comes right back and dumps them there also. My 50 box skunk streak on halves is starting to make sense. This guy is going through thousands a week and dumping them right back where I pick up from. I have no idea on how the coins are sent back, rerolled and shipped back out, but I am thinking we are always getting his dumps back a week or so later.

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: This Guy Can't Be a Member Here

If he is finding silver, he is definitely not an idiot. Nobody like to see a man pee in his own swimming pool but there is not much you can do. I too am an old man who wheels his canvas bags thru the lobby of my WF. There is a difference, we all know I am an idiot. My WF charges me 1% of the grand total for whatever I dump. Usually that is $6000 a week. Quite a load of canvas bags for an old fart to wheel in. Signed, Old Fart in Dallas

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

Doesn't make sense to me since he's also getting his coins from the same supplier as his dump bank. He must be getting skunked too? but keeps doing it? I don't get why this guy keeps doing it.

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer

If he gets coins at bank A and dumps those at bank B, then gets coins at bank B and returns those to bank A, he wouldn't be taking the coins back to the bank he got them from. So in his mind he is doing it right. :icon_scratch:

Did he have blonde hair?

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009

Interesting to debate again on if guys like this are idiots or not.

idiot or not if the tellers arent happy it is not a good idea.

The TD banks in my area no longer order boxes of halves because of the people we debate on whether they are idiots or not.

idiot or not , greedy CRHers with no ethics are ruining a good thing.

When i order or dump i get the feel of the tellers at the bank and act accordingly.
Once a week or once a month for dumps.
100$ to 500$+ for dumps.
Once or twice a month for orders.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread