Fun roll of Nickles with pics

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I stopped at Bank of America and asked for $50 in nickles. I received 24 rolls of machine rolled nickles and one nasty old roll labeled "40"mixed" I asked the teller if she had any more rolls that looked liked it. She said a man came in last week and deposited a bunch of them. She said it was kinda funny that he sorted them by decades. I thought that this could be fun. She said there may be more in the vault, then she said that it would be difficult to take a look. I persisted and even asked a manger. They were not interested in looking. Kind of a bummer as no one else was in the bank and this is the bank my home mortgage is at.

I ended up with just the one old nasty roll and 24 Brinks

The results: 40 mixed 1940's Jefferson nickles no war niclkles :-\

Attachments

• 100_5617.JPG
    100_5617.JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0

captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually produce rolls like that. I have certain years that I'm collecting solid rolls of, so I save out any that I find of those particular years that are OK looking or don't have serious problems or crud, and roll them up separately and label the rolls. If I get too many rolls of one year, I'll sort out the best condition eight from each roll (turning five rolls into one), and dump the remainder, reusing the labeled wrappers of course. Eventually I'll accumulate solid year/mintmark rolls in the about the best condition you can get from circulation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread