CWR SCORE!!

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
This is the same bank that I got a roll with 17 silver halves in it (6x1964 & 11x1966) and 1 month ago a teller had $9 in halves loose in her drawer (1964x4 & 1966x13 & 1985).

The teller said she had $510 in rolled halves, I took $200 worth (that's all the cash I had)

1954 D
1964x2
1964D
1968D

I rerolled the rest and dumped them at my dump bank along with some other halves I had on me. I went back and got the rest.

SHUNK!

Still 5 x 90% and 1 x 40%, very respectable in my book!!! Better than any Loomis or Brinks box I have ever had.

HH!

Upvote 0

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
Great find...it's probably a good thing the first $200 didn't skunk you because that would have made it a little harder to return for the rest.

Same thing happened to me the other day...teller had $120 in CWR in the vault and I only had $90 cash. I bought 9 rolls and found a 40% in the 1st roll and then was skunked on the rest. I returned the next day with $30 more thinking I had to score but no...SKUNK!

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So 510 total...u took 200 and scored with it.

And then Skunked on the remaining 310, fishy fishy fishy? Obviously culled by the bank after you left, so obvious.

Congrats on the first score though!

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Gilmore Happy said:
So 510 total...u took 200 and scored with it.

And then Skunked on the remaining 310, fishy fishy fishy? Obviously culled by the bank after you left, so obvious.

Congrats on the first score though!

You kill be dude, When I read this post, I was thinking the same thing, and was going to write something to that effect. Then, as I read what you wrote, (which Im glad you did so I didnt have too). I thought, wow, he sounds crazy just like my paranoid azz... And it just sounded so psychotic reading it from someone else, even though i was thinking the same thing. This hobby is really messin with my mind. Seriously.

I had a similiar expirience a month ago. I went in, hello, do you have any half dollars I can buy? She says, sure we do, I have 18 rolls that have been sitting in the vault for several years... My knees starting knocking at tham moment, and I looked her right in the face, and would have swore to god at that moment that this cruel devil-teller knows what I'm doing and is totally having her way with me right now, but then they were in the old-brown "unmarked" rolls. I tried to hold my composure, and I bought 100 bucks worth, (just in case she was messin with me- that was stupid.) Went to the truck, found something like 3 or 4 90%'ers and a couple 40%'ers. Went back in, said, hi, could i get the rest of those halves? The other rolls were skunks, and I just sat there stunned... Like, what are the chances of that? I was convinced that she and the manager there sat in there and culled the silver in the five minutes I had been gone, but then again, that sounds absurd since they would have had several years to cull the silver out of all of them right? I guess I will never know, One thing I know for sure though, is that this hobby is killing my psyche... Making me nutz.

Nice score MIhunter

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sighhhhhhhh......newbs......usually it means yes, 15 rolls were clad dumps, and every roll is a dump whether it is clad or solid silver, doesn't always mean tellers picked em, just means that 15 rolls were clad dumps and one contained some silver, nice find MIhunter!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread