Pennies, and an interesting teller...

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
So i decided to try and do a penny box, my first one, and cull out ALL of the copper. So i go into a huntington that i haven't stopped in before and the male teller working there was extremely friendly, I asked for halves and he said we have a bunch, so i said ill take them all and he asked if i was looking for pre-1970s. i said "yea.." he then told me someone searches then and brings them into that bank. So i ask for nickels and a box of pennies, so he got me a box of nickels and pennies, no issues. he asked why i bought these two boxes, so i spilled the beans a bit and said that i collect coins and i search through boxes. He says "oh, i collect coins too!". Im thinking O great, no more silver for me.. ??? BUT he then tells me that he just collects wheats, foreign, and strange bills. I ask him what kind of bills he has seen come through the bank and he shows me his secret stash in the register of a red seal $2, and a few foreign scrap pieces of paper :laughing7: So i say to him "hey, ill tell ya what. i look for halves, and would love to get some that ARENT dumped. Is there any way you can save rolls that come in for me? and maybe sometime ill swing by and bring you some wheat pennies." He was ECSTATIC. So I do my penny box, got 26% copper, about average, and 15 wheat i think... idc i hate wheat pennies lol. So i plan on swinging by soon and see what he has for me. Oh and the nickels...

3 WARS, and a dateless BUFFALO (my 1st! :))

-brendan HH

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a great arrangement! You never know what a little small talk might reap you :icon_thumright:

Bigheed

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
See, its those arrangements that keep the silver flowing :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread