dossier

Aug 23, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mdockter said:
Found a bank with MWR I Have never seen before. $50 in halves gave up 1x90% and 4x 40%

:O what color were the rolls?

OP
OP
Dok Holliday

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
This bank is the main branch of a rural bank with many small branches in surrounding smaller towns. I'm not sure if they have a different supplier than everyone in the area, or if they roll their own with a machine (my credit union does that with coins they get from their counter at their main branch).

Either way, I'm going to go back with a few thousand dollars as bait to open an account and get some good information on Tuesday.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
nice finds - without much searchin'

now I've got this song in my head. I should of thought of this title for one of my previous posts - it describes me most days throughout the week as I'm driving around searching different banks.

HH

OP
OP
Dok Holliday

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I was humming it after I posted this while sitting @ Culvers with the buddy that came with me. We're done with work at noon, he's not into coin collecting, he just likes finding the silver. For him, it is a free treasure hunt, as I finance the trip and keep the coins, he just sits in the passenger's seat and looks through coins while I drive. Makes for very efficient road trips.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
mdockter said:
Yeah, I was humming it after I posted this while sitting @ Culvers with the buddy that came with me. We're done with work at noon, he's not into coin collecting, he just likes finding the silver. For him, it is a free treasure hunt, as I finance the trip and keep the coins, he just sits in the passenger's seat and looks through coins while I drive. Makes for very efficient road trips.

do you search a lot of banks every week/month? After reading about some of the great scores on the recent post about other people's best scores (and having my own best score just yesterday) it makes me want to start increasing my bank searches even more.

keep on searchin' and HH

OP
OP
Dok Holliday

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Very hit or miss. When I first started, I found a few silver halves at banks, then they dried up and tellers started to get annoyed, that is when silver peaked at $50/ozt. Then, when silver corrected down to the $30s it seems like all the greedy people stopped, and the silver started to show up again and tellers got less annoyed so I started doing road trips again. Usually we can hit 10 banks that I strategically choosed based on information I gathered here and a little bit of common sense. oOut of those $10 I can usually scare up about $50 in the good stuff. With the cost of gas considered, it isn't a huge profit. I can probably do just as well with $1000 in dimes.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a job that is great for crhing. I drive around to different parts of town throughout the week so I am able to check a lot of banks that are mostly just in my line of travel so I don't waste any extra gas money bank searching for halves - and I usually just drive thru the commercial drive thru lane which is even more convenient.

keep on searchin' and HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread