Bank CANT order half dollar boxes....or WONT??

synapse

Oct 3, 2006
New England
Bank CAN'T order half dollar boxes....or WON'T??

I've decided that it's time to give a few boxes of halves a shot, but when i have asked about it at the bank and credit union that I have accounts at, I got the same response. They say they "can't" order boxes of half dollars. They can (will) order pennies through quarterrs, but not halves. I think their coin supplier should have all types of coins ready to go, but maybe that's not the case (?). I'm not going to push the issue with them since my most conveniently located branches are very nice about selling me CWRs whenever i stop in, but i just wondered if any of you have any input on this....when a bank says they "CAN'T" order a box of halves, are they actually just saying that they "WON'T" order a box for me?
Thanks for the input.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Members looking at posts and don't notice dates. .. No rules against posting on or reviving old threads...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Agreed TH. And lots of times new info has come to light since the original post was made. It's all good. Just explaining how it happens. I do searches on a certain topic now & then and bring back old stuff from the dead myself.

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I can see how it can happen, it just seemed that members were answering the Original post. Just trying to give a heads up

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I dont understand how these random 2+ year old posts keep coming up.

Haha agreed

Newbies.. Looks like MusicMan was digging around in the graveyard of OLD threads and responded to it. Then guys started replying to his post without looking at the date of the original thread. And so it goes.

I can see how it can happen, it just seemed that members were answering the Original post. Just trying to give a heads up

This on the bottom is how they come back:

box of half dollars, can banks order boxes of half dollars, half dollar box, how to order a case of half dollars, how to order half dollars, order half dollars, order half dollars from bank, ordering half dollars from banks, ordering half dollars from the bank, regions bank box roll half dollars

The 'tag cloud'. Google one of those phrases and this thread will probably pop up.

(Here's a pic if you are on the mobile app.)
View attachment 940167

Bigger and bolder results are most popular Googled results that lead here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread