new to this and I have a question?

T

texasmetal

I was just wondering what do you do with the silver coins that you do find? I have been doing this for a few months (belive it or not I actually came up with the idea on my own after my dad told me he still gets silver in his change sometimes.) and I have found several silver dimes and my friend found a 1945-d nickel. so i was just curious what do you do with them when you find them?

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people keep them to pass on to their kids or grandkids, some do the "precious metal" game and wait for the price of silver to go up and then sell (on eBay or to coin shops).

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
Welcome to the hobby texasmetal. Its a fun one, and its always better to get started young!
Im more or less hoarding the silver I find and waiting for the price to go up. Also, I use the roll hunting to try and complete sets and slowly but steadily find better looking coins for each date. Ive done decently with halves and nickles, and pennies are slower, but doable. My very first attempt at penny roll hunting I got a 1909 so they are ALL still out there. If youre not interestedi n saving your silver finds I would suggest liquidating them on Ebay every 10 or 20 dollars face value. That would make it little enough weight you could mail it pretty cheap. Whatever you decide to do, enjoy it. It only gets more fun, until financial evolution catches up to our hobby that is.

OP
OP
T

texasmetal

that's pretty cool. thanx for the advice. just out of curiosity has anyone ever gotten anything really valuable doing this?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread