mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG, that is in incredible condition! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: Thanks for posting the pics, a huge congrats sir. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thing is a beauty! Looks like it's hardly been circulated.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
That is nice How anyone was dumb enough to cash it in is beyond me but then there is no shortage of stupid people

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that picture was worth the wait. Gorgeous coin rileyboy. :icon_thumleft:

For the future, please tell your daughter to teach riley how to use the camera so we dont have to wait. :laughing7:

HH

Nick

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW - that is a beautiful coin and a truly amazing score. :hello2:

It's in amazing condition - it looks like it just came out of someone's collection.

I've said it before but it's most definitely true here - it just simply doesn't get much better than that. I would consider that to be a score of a lifetime. :thumbsup:

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beautiful coin, thanks for sharing the great pics!

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Masterfully done! Congratulations on a one of a kind find! :notworthy:

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rileyboy happy you hit, That is one sweet coin and Thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

HH...Miner

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a sweet find! It's just amazing what is out there still for the taking. Not a bad score for 50 cents.

Congrats.

HH
BB

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowzers!
Sweet score and great pic!

"It's out there"

Give Riley a scratch on the tummy for me. I may need to take Cujo on a road trip with me. He loves riding.

HH,
Legend

K

Jul 17, 2011
MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off an amazing coin!! You deserve it rileyboy! I went to the PCGS website looking around and found this http://www.pcgs.com/photograde/#/Seated50/Grades , idk rememberwho gave it to who on this forum but i remember it, their pictures are going to be better the yours, because I think they scanned them. But click the arrows on the sides and you can see each stage of quality for the seated half! :wink: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: and just go here for any other type of coin you guys want to ~/= grade! :headbang: :tongue3:

P.S. From looking at your coin and looking at PCGS' VF35 & EF40, I think your coin dude did a pretty good job!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rileyboy, congrats on your awesome find. Just goes to show, the box isn't over until it is OVER. And as you always say, "It's out there"!, and it most certainly is.

This is perhaps the best find i have seen on this forum in a long, long time. Your pictures are awesome too, and the condition is collectible grade, almost 100% likely from someone's collection.

Keep on searching rileyboy.

~BuffaloBoy

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
That's a heck of a find, nice job! I would say you underestimated your grade and value. I'd say it's XF-40, and the value around $100. It's really in nice shape. Oh, and those images on PCGS's photograde are definitley photos, not scans. They use an SLR with a copy-stand and Macro lens, just like I do. Here's a link to one of my personal photos. I didn't want to embed the image because I don't wanna hijack Riley's thread. :P

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y2...n=view&current=1882-CCMS62MorganTonercopy.jpg

-Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread