Small Jackpot here at my bank!!!!

tazcodetector

Sep 26, 2005
I work at a bank here in Virginia and I just went out in the lobby and the girls had a pile of halves and dollars they were sorting through. Some guy just brought them in this morning. I got

1---1965
2---1969d
1---1967
1---1966
1---1968d

Also there are a ton of real shiny 1995P anything special about that? Not sure what marks would be on proofs etc... Also most of the 1 dollar coins were susan b's but there are a couple of tarnished Ikes. Any of them silver?

Thanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tazcodetector

Sep 26, 2005
Re: Small Jackpot here at my bank!!!! updated...

ok. the guy brought another bag. I found

4-----1967
3-----1969d
3-----1968d

nice haul for 15 minutes work i hope this guy brings some more.

snorton750

Jul 28, 2006
Auburn, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
Ok if im wrong I'm sure someone will correct me, the "P" mint marked coins were only available as a special order and you paid a premium for them, from the mint that is not some rip off on tv. Not that it was or wasn't a rip off. So they might be worth grabbing if still BU. Stan...

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snorton750 said:
Ok if im wrong I'm sure someone will correct me, the "P" mint marked coins were only available as a special order and you paid a premium for them, from the mint that is not some rip off on tv. Not that it was or wasn't a rip off. So they might be worth grabbing if still BU. Stan...

No, all P mint marked coins are regular issue coinage made for circulation, just like D's. You can buy them direct from dealers but you'll pay a bit of a premium. Tazco was just wondering if an uncirculated-looking 1995-P was worth anything. There's nothing out-of-the-ordinary about P mint marks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread