TheProf

Nov 13, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bank tried to shut me down (update)

I went to a bank I have an account with today and asked for 2 boxes of dimes and plopped 5 100's on the counter. I go to this bank branch once every two months or so they are not real nice there or as I like to say not customer friendly. Before my $$ hit the counter "we don't have any dimes!" or as I interpreted it "we are to lazy to walk 7 feet to the vault and get them out". When can I get some? "two weeks" was the quick answer. You don't have any? Nope! Ok I left and called the OPS mgr as their website said they had no manager. I quickly told him the story and he agreed that was unacceptable and they should have 10 boxes of each denomination at all times. I gave him my number and the brand new mgr of the bank called back 10 minutes later. He apologized to me after I told him the story also and agreed to get back to me with some answers and my 2 boxes of dimes by Friday. Can't wait!

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Bank tried to shut me down

good that the manager helped ya...but make sure you are going to the vault teller or merchant teller. Its actually a big PITA for a line teller to buy from the vault at most banks, they do it before their shift. At most of my banks they need to buy minimum of 2k, so your $500 was a paltry offer in their eyes and they deflected you.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Making a big deal out not getting any coins for your hobby is not a very good idea. I wouldnt expect this bank to pull any favors for you in the future. I have always told my supply banks why I would like the coins and that I realize they have business customers who rely on the bank to provide them with normal circulating coins ($.01, $.05, .10, .25). If they need to reduce or skip my order they may do so at anytime.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

go back and get 4 boxes!!! make up for their mistake! :D
I like your profile picture, I've never found a ben franklin ender, and brinks rolls have not been nice to me either (they smell bad too!)

:icon_sunny:

OP
OP
TheProf

TheProf

Nov 13, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Bank tried to shut me down (update)

Just got off the phone with the manager and he could not have been nicer. Like he said tell me what you need and when and I will have it for you. So I told him 2 boxes of dimes the 1st week of the month and he said no problem I will make sure they are here for you. Didn't say anything about the tellers or what they said about me. So it pays to talk to the mgr! Picking up my coin on Friday!

OP
OP
TheProf

TheProf

Nov 13, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How about that actually getting a teller to do their job! I can't believe 47theelement thinking a teller should be rude and not give out change. ITS A BANK! The manager agreed! There are plenty of banks around and management knows it and I am sure he gave the teller an earful and now she knows. My father taught me the same, if you don't want to do your job, quit! Did not get one question about what coin was for or why only $110.00 bucks in my account. Treat everyone the same. Everyone is a customer.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I give you credit. You stood up for what you felt is right. Myself, I never said the teller had the right to be rude. I simply said, I think we would be better off as group if we didn't throw a temper tantrum every time we don't get any opportunity to search for silver.

I apologize if I offended you. It was not meant that way.

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

You did good. Some banks can be real mean to customers. :angry5:

OP
OP
TheProf

TheProf

Nov 13, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just get tired of people not doing their job, because they think they can get away with it. This is a big local bank with alot of local branches and the other banks are great, but this one was a problem. I talked to the tellers at the other bank branches about this bank branch and people will quit before going there it is so bad. They just brought a new manager in and he seems determined to fix the problems and attitudes, so we will see.

optix

Jan 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe it is just me, but the way I see it; I have a healthy bank account, I am getting dodo for interest. If I want coins you better fricking get them with a smile. I do not feel I need to kiss their behind, it is their job to provide customer service.

I ran into a teller 3 days ago that I had to put on her place. I asked for halfs, her reply we can get them but what are you going to do with them. She was concerned about me bringing them back. While I never dump on my pickup bank I told her flat out, you can either get me the coins or become a dump bank and trust me when I say I will take everything to them. I am not saying that it is wrong to be nice to tellers, I am saying however that it is not wrong to put the nasty ones on their place when you have too.

I know our hobby is an inconvenience and I do feel plenty bad about that, especially when it comes to the nice tellers. But it is what it is, I will not stop coin rolling because it is an inconvenience to my bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread