First week of CRHing

dspeer83

Greenie
Feb 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I'm new to the site as well as the hobby. I've been lurking around for about a month reading everyone's posts and looking at the finds. I collect coins so needless to say I was instantly intrigued when I stumbled upon coin roll hunting and after reading up a bit I went out this week and bought a box each of pennies, nickels, and dimes. (My bank said they could order halves for me but they must be in $2000 shipments, I assume that is somewhat normal?) The results were as follows.

Pennies- 6 wheats ranging from 1940-58 as well as a 1959 that looks like it just came from a proof set.

Nickels- 1 full date buffalo from 1936, and 25 with dates ranging from 1940-1960 (no 42-45 unfortunately)

As far as the dimes go, as soon as I got into my car with the box all of the enders I could see looked brand new uncirculated. Upon opening the box and looking at the enders they were all 2011's . I decided to open up some of the rolls and my worries were confirmed, they were all 2011 that looked as if they just came from the mint. Has anyone else had this happen or is this quite a rarity?

Dimes aside, it was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the coming week and a few more boxes. Thanks for all the info and great posts on the site.

Upvote 0

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Minimum orders on halves are not universal, but not out of the ordinary.

Entire boxes of 2011 dimes are to be expected occasionally; just part of the game.

You can power through them and get back to normal dimes if you tough it out.

Keep on Rollin' !

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish my bank would order in $2k minimums for halves. But mins are normal depending on your bank.

HH

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my bank can order 1 box of coins, 2 boxes, 3 boxes, 4 boxes, 5... 6... 7... no minimum orders.
Welcome to the madness. :hello:

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If you have a good relationship with your bank like I do, just ask that they appear to be a mixed older looking rolls just by looking in the holes in the top of the box if possible. Some tellers think you just need the box for change or poker game , not CRH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread