Benjamin Half?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use your mind. If it is too good to be true, it probrably is.

If not, you're basically giving out your information to a 3rd party junkmail company, and you'll have 4 peices of junkmail every day for the rest of your life.

Please, if you don't know the company, and are searching up on a search engine, "FREE SILVER", don't fall for these scams. Sure you MIGHT get the silver franklin IF it is real, but you'll be HARASSED by junkmail forever.

::) :BangHead: ::)

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2: This was posted previously on this site. I called the number (800) 328-1860. It is to a company called Investment Rarities Inc. They are located in Minneapolis, MN. I spoke with a salesman who did ask me where I saw the ad. I think I told him the Wall Street Journal. He talked about buying either a bag or half bag of silver coins. It was like $28,000 for a full bag or $14,000 for a half bag. I told him I couldn't afford that, he promised to send me additional information. I didn't mention the coin. I got the information but there was no coin in it. Last week, I received another envelope with additional information & in that packet was a 1951 S Franklin Half. I got a phone call on Friday when I was out. I will have to call him on Tuesday to thank him for sending me the additional information but I will not be able to make such a large purchase. I will also ask him to remove me from his phone list.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
BuffaloBoy said:
I personally stay away from this BS, a personal opinion, of course.
I scored 2 Mercury dimes from that other outfit a while ago. I gave one address for me and another at my wifes office in her maiden name (gave them the fax number) I will go pretty far for a free mercury

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
santafeboy said:
BuffaloBoy said:
I personally stay away from this BS, a personal opinion, of course.
I scored 2 Mercury dimes from that other outfit a while ago. I gave one address for me and another at my wifes office in her maiden name (gave them the fax number) I will go pretty far for a free mercury
Like I said, personal opinion, of course. :icon_sunny:

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
To each his own. I faxed the free Ben request on February 20th and received a 1961 Ben in the mail today from these people. I'm sure I'll get additional junkmail but the trash pick-up comes every week. Silver, I'll take it where I can get it!! HH

FL Junkman

antlerman23

Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol i was just a bout to send in my coupon for this! personally, i like "junk" mail. it helps to keep the U.S. postal service afloat! and as for the phone number, CALLER ID. i can ignore the calls. ;D

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called this number about 4 weeks ago.I told him i saw the ad but didnt remember what mag.I think i mentioned turning my 401k into silver. we talked a while about the shape the econ is in and how its going.. I got some info about a week later no coin. Yesterday I got a silver eagle and some info, they wanted me to buy half bag or a full bag. Send me all the junk mail they want to with silver.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mick56 said:
I called there on Jan 19, haven't received anything.
i would call to check on the info tell them you called once and just cling on he info.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recieved my half and I get a news letter about once a month that contains some good info. No harrasment.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
usandthem said:
I recieved my half and I get a news letter about once a month that contains some good info. No harrasment.
That sounds totally worth it- But if I were to get my info sold to other solicitors and received one a week, it would not be. I am not sure this is for me...

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually received my Benjamin Franklin half today! I got a packet of info in the mail. I haven't had any phones calls so far... Decent 1949 half... I will take free silver any day! After 10 skunk boxes last week, it is good to see a 90%. I found one franklin when I first started in a roll...

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang a silver eagle? looks like i'll be calling these guys too, I already get a**loads of junk mail and calls, but the bast**ds never send me any silver!

kontrapunktus1750

Apr 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like the offer expired a couple of weeks ago. I wish I'd known about it sooner. I already get enough junk mail but I'd put up with a little more to get a little piece of silver. How many Citibank 0% card offers must one endure in a week anyway? And don't get me started on the paper cuts...

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I did this a cpuple of times. I received plenty of phone calls, some stopped soon after they tried to sell me mint condition $10 gold pieces and I explained to them my opinion on gold .

seinfeld4077

Mar 19, 2011
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
called 2 weeks ago, today received a '58 ben. awesome, so far no junkmail and one phonecall from them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread