3 Boxes of dimes

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I went around town today and stopped at two banks. At the first bank I picked up two boxes of dimes. While I was waiting in line I saw someone dropping off what looked like their large change accumulation. They dropped off lots of pennies, some nickels, some dimes and some quarters. When I got the dimes they said coins just keep piling up and as long as I am finding something that isn't a bad thing knowing they will always have coins for me to search. Then I went to another bank not too far away. While waiting in line someone from the business line bought two boxes of pennies and 10 rolls of nickels. What kind of business demands so many pennies, unless he is just using that as a cover for crhing. What do you guys think?
Anyway the second bank gave me a box of mint 2011s. I am guessing that was a high mintage year if I am still ending up with these and no 2012s yet.
The first box produced 3 80% silver queens and the second box produced 2 80% silver queens and a 1968 50% silver. Certainly some of my better results.

Upvote 0

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did well... Going over to my bank(s) on Wednesday.. once you get the fever....... ;D

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a nice average man, I've searched last 2 boxes and didn't even got a single. Also noticed, that there are less and less nickel dimes in those CWR lately. This reminds me about RCM alloy program going well on its way. :(

OP
OP
That Canadian Guy

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Canadian hunter said:
That is a nice average man, I've searched last 2 boxes and didn't even got a single. Also noticed, that there are less and less nickel dimes in those CWR lately. This reminds me about RCM alloy program going well on its way. :(
I have yet to feel the ill effects of the alloy recovery program where I am. It probably helps that I don't have a mint location, or even a Bank of Canada location anywhere in my province.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Trust me the effects of that program are very very ill, even though I'm not that close to Ottawa Mint :BangHead:. But, the one who gives up on search, always misses the fun :wink:
Stay tuned, I'll post some of my recent finds soon.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Regarding the 1968 50% silver, are you talking about a dime? How do you differentiate between those that are or aren't silver? I found one the other day and it looked silver to me, but I am just not familiar with Canadian coinage whatsoever. Thanks for the help.

Dekay

Dec 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I felt fortunate yesterday pulling a 1947 King George dime from a box yesterday.

HH Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread