Change/Circulation Finds

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey hunters. I would like to post this thread to ask you all to share what coins you have found in circulation/pocket change. Just any valued coins like wheaties, old nickels, silver. I have collected coins for just over a year, so I haven't found much, but I'll post a picture of my 10 finds. My finds include an 1891 Indian Head, 6 Wheat pennies, an old 1949 Jefferson Nickel, and two silver dimes.
Wheties dates are:
1954D
1957D

Nickel is 1949 (nothing particular, just old, and may increase in value in future)

Silver Roosevelt Dimes:

1947D

So what'd you get in change? You can leave a picture if you want to.

Attachments

• 1330272125010.jpg
    1330272125010.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 375
  • 1330281107708.jpg
    1330281107708.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 406
Upvote 0

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found two 64 dimes in change. One from a McDs and one my wife received working the ticket booth for one of the local HS soccer games.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
danya said:
BuffaloBoy said:
danya said:
BuffaloBoy said:

What?
this whole forum is change/circulation finds. read.

I'm talking about pocket change. This is a coin roll hunting forum.
people generally post their pocket change on the coin roll hunting forum too. The coins did come from rolls at one point. :-X

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What got me started on this site was looking up a few wheat pennies I'd found that I'd saved (from pocket change over the years). Now I roll hunt for wheats. Now that I know what to look for, I can say I haven't found anything in my pocket change worth anything more than face value yet. It's only been a few months though. lol.

OP
OP
danya

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
fistfulladirt said:
In the last year, 2 silver quarters, a half-dozen wheats, and a war nickel.

That's lucky for you. Do you live in an urban or a rural area. In my area, It is basically impossible to find silver quarters in pocket change (I don't know about rolls- I have yet to start hunting) :icon_thumleft:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
danya said:
fistfulladirt said:
In the last year, 2 silver quarters, a half-dozen wheats, and a war nickel.

That's lucky for you. Do you live in an urban or a rural area. In my area, It is basically impossible to find silver quarters in pocket change (I don't know about rolls- I have yet to start hunting) :icon_thumleft:
I live and work both urban and rural. Both silver quarters were from gas stations 30 miles apart. The one female attendant noticed the "ting" in the change, and stopped to inspect the coin. She said, "hey-this one sounds different" while I held my breath and started to sweat.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
BuffaloBoy said:
danya said:
BuffaloBoy said:

What?
this whole forum is change/circulation finds. read.

He is a new member, and did not lurk on this forum before. It is not easy to go into the archives and look specifically for pocket change finds and not roll finds. I have been reading some before. :read2:

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've already gotten four wheats this year in change - 1953-S, 1958-D, 1956-D, 1941-D.

Back in Dec I set a new record for my oldest dime when I got a 1928 Merc in change from a candy shop. It was really dark and dirty so that's probably why no one noticed the design.

I recently got Sac dollar in change and I realized that's about as uncommon as anything obsolete so I started tracking how often those show up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread