The TD Bank near me is awesome!

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I went in to dump some pennies the other day and the manager was placing some coins in the coin counter. I asked him what he was doing and he said that he was checking the machine for accuracy. He said they do it three times a day?! Also, the other day when I came in he just unlocked the coin counter and pulled the machine so I could straight dump my coins. I don't do more than $200 at a time in dumps so maybe that helps?

Now if they could just order me some half dollars...

Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, TD is doing the calibration every day
They unroll one roll of quarter, dime, nickel, and penny. If they come back as $17.5 they think everything is ok. However, I just dumped 2000 pieces of halves, I got back 1980 halves, 9 $1 coins, 9 quarters, 2 nickels. I was ahead 5 quarters and 2 nickels. I won't dump dimes on this machine because it will count dimes as penny or nickel at about 2% rate. Their calibration procedure has a margin of 2.5% for quarter and nickel, 2.0% for dime and penny.

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unclehuckelberry said:
I went in to dump some pennies the other day and the manager was placing some coins in the coin counter. I asked him what he was doing and he said that he was checking the machine for accuracy. He said they do it three times a day?! Also, the other day when I came in he just unlocked the coin counter and pulled the machine so I could straight dump my coins. I don't do more than $200 at a time in dumps so maybe that helps?

Now if they could just order me some half dollars...

TD Bank's by me (I think every TD now) will not order halves (they stopped ordering them over a year ago).

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I dont care how often TD checks their machines , they screw up the counts so often i wont take dimes to them while they have those old penny machines. Of course at this point most of the miscounts are in my favor.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TD gets 90% of my dumps and most of the time it is off. I get more small change. TD is a great bank they are very good to me. :thumbsup:

F

Farchaus2k

TimZim said:
TD gets 90% of my dumps and most of the time it is off. I get more small change. TD is a great bank they are very good to me. :thumbsup:

Until they get tired of seeing you all the time and cut you off :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread