New to the forum, first time CRH (Pic of Finds)

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to collect coins but I would buy them from pawn shops and flea markets. I recently found out about CRH so I decided to give it a shot. I didn't want to spend too much off the bat (I'm a college student so money is tight) so I figured 50 dollars would be my limit. I drove to a few different banks and collected what few rolls they had in. I only got 40 dollars worth of Half Dollars. To my suprise I found three 40%ers! 2 rolls had nothing silver in them but the last 2 rolls paid off pretty nicely. I dont know if this is average or not but I've read on here about a few people going through several boxes full and being skunked so I was happy. I plan on doing this a lot more and ordering by the box once I get some more money together. Anyway, here's a picture of what I found. One 1968 and Two 1966 half dollars.

Attachments

• First silvers.JPG
    First silvers.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 730
Upvote 0

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: First time CRH

Welcome to the Forum and the addiction hobby Red.
You did quite well for only picking up 50.00

Some days your the windshield, some days the bug.

What college you going to?

OP
OP
red89

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: First time CRH

Xiao en said:
Welcome to the Forum and the addiction hobby Red.
You did quite well for only picking up 50.00

Some days your the windshield, some days the bug.

What college you going to?

Thanks, right now I am just going to a community college but I am transfering out to a university at the end of this semester. Next month I plan on getting my first full box of halves. How long have you been doing this?

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Congrats.

Now find a place to dump your $38.50 worth of halves and you have only "spent" $1.50 worth of REAL MONEY.

Keep on Rollin' !

Th3Offspring

Aug 29, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
red89 said:
I've read on here about a few people going through several boxes full and being skunked so I was happy.

welcome and congrats! you are one of the few people who join this forum and have actually read a post on here. Most new members haven't read a thing and then go on to ask a question someone else asked 2 hours ago. Good luck on your hunting - another college CRHer

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score for $50 in halves. I hope you continuous luck going forward in your new hobby!

HH

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Nice finds!!!!

Some people might tell you it is a waste to work with such a small amount, but I would advise you to just keep flipping that $50. If you can flip that $50 four times a week, you'll have $200 a week in volume.

The guy that works $50 numerous times a week will always find more silver than the guy who says such a small amount is a waste.

Keep up the good work!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions