I think ill throw this one back....wait, let me mark it first..

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A roll from a box I bought this morning:

scaled.php

Upvote 0

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow really?

i really cant see a CRH marking that and throwing it back, so could they be marking coins while they are being rolled?

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baddbluff said:
Sweet! And it's a 49. Mint mark?

HH
BB

1949D, and its in pretty terrible condition. Just couldn't believe it was marked, and recently by the look of it.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xiao en said:
wow really?

i really cant see a CRH marking that and throwing it back, so could they be marking coins while they are being rolled?

Who knows lol. Several (hundreds) of coins in this box had a similar mark.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
namster said:
Xiao en said:
wow really?

Who knows lol. Several (hundreds) of coins in this box had a similar mark.

Then all i can say is someone is in too big of a hurry to not notice one of those. Put me downline of those dumps anyday :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
namster said:
baddbluff said:
Sweet! And it's a 49. Mint mark?

HH
BB

1949D, and its in pretty terrible condition. Just couldn't believe it was marked, and recently by the look of it.
nice find, oddly enough, I came across a marked silver half dollar too ???

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
It's one of those tricks where hunters chrome plate a clad half to fool other hunters (take a clad zonk and dress it up as a Ag keeper - for kicks).

This is the reverse of that old gag. Take a Ag keeper and dress it up (as best one can) as a clad zonk.

That's a good one all right.

ScottNVAB

May 22, 2011
Junk. I see why they marked it. Don't you guys just keep those bust halves and throw all the other Cr** back? Those Franklins are just ugly and ALWAYS should be thrown back! Would you want that garbage ruining your nice collection>? :laughing7:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer the Franklin half dollar over the 1964 Kennedy, though I prefer the walking liberty half dollar over the Franklin Half dollar.

Walking liberty half dollar > Franklin half dollar > 1964 Kennedy half dollar

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
What do you think happened??

I am guessing that the roll hunter weighs the rolls, got confused for a second, and accidentally marked the wrong roll.

We make mistakes too while CRHing. Today, my wife threw an entire handful of loose halves that she had just checked...into the paper recycle bin, instead of the container we use for checked halves.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
I can see why you might be upset, and I do not blame you in the least. Tell you what, in the interest of making things right send it to me and I'll toss a couple of bux your way to cover the cost of the coin and the postage and a little extra. I promise - cross my heart hope to die - to remove the offending coin from circulation so that no one ever have to suffer the horror of seeing it again. :laughing7:

Rascal

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i willl take it of your hands clad franklins are not worth anything :tongue3: :laughing9: :tard:
i think they was confused

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The odd thing about this roll, for me, is this was my first non Kennedy ender. The rolls were all loose because the LT said she breaks a box open to give the tellers so they have some halves for when people ask for them. They forgot to order my box for the week so she pulled all the loose rolls, which included this roll. When I got home I did my usual routine of checking all the rolls for enders. I did a serious double take on this roll, and then noticed the mark. For a split second my brain was in "WTF is this?" mode thats for sure lol.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
That CRHer must have been looking for all those valuable halves minted after 1970. :icon_scratch:

Golden Silver

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what happens when you let your five year old help crh. Take that marker away from the kid.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
TooManyHobbies said:
That's what happens when you let your five year old help crh. Take that marker away from the kid.

Let him continue. We can get more silver. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread