All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I always ask for them just about anytime I happen to be driving by a bank - whether I'm picking up boxes or not. Customer halves undoubtedly account for the overwhelming majority of my silver finds. If I could find more customer halves I probably wouldn't search boxes at all. But who knows with this hobby - maybe I'll get a loaded 100 keeper box tomorrow. I seriously doubt it - more likely I'll have another nice cwr score - but with this hobby you just never know. :)

H$H!

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
The banks I hit, they offer me up all their customer rolls when I walk in. One offers me all their bags of dimes and nickels after I dump my halves. Another checks all the tellers drawers and grabs all the customer wrapped pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters.

I have them trained :D

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah , CWR's are a no brainer ! Think about it - Even if you skunk , what was it 3 ,5 ,8 ,rolls ?
you can schleppe that off at the gas station, the cafe , whatever - if you score ANYTHING you win
please ! somebody tell me - where is the downside to CWR's . My biggest scores without exception
have been CWR's ! Argentium.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
No downside if you are in the building... the downside is those folks that plan 20+ bank runs. Taking many many hours to just find a few coins if any...

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
n8dagr8345 said:
No downside if you are in the building... the downside is those folks that plan 20+ bank runs. Taking many many hours to just find a few coins if any...

That's the way it's been with my boxes lately. But searching banks can often be unproductive and time consuming too like you say. I guess we all just have to try and find 'em the best way we can in a way that works best for each of us.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Argentium said:
Yeah , CWR's are a no brainer ! Think about it - Even if you skunk , what was it 3 ,5 ,8 ,rolls ?
you can schleppe that off at the gas station, the cafe , whatever - if you score ANYTHING you win
please ! somebody tell me - where is the downside to CWR's . My biggest scores without exception
have been CWR's ! Argentium.

This depends on locale. Without exception my best scores are off boxes. When you factor in the gas required for CWRs, it becomes even more obvious, for my area anyway.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually my job is great for CRHing - esp when it comes to bank searching/runs. I usually drive around during the day to different parts of town throughout the week so usually all the banks I stop at are in my line of travel anyway. So usually the only gas I'm wasting is just when my car is idling waiting at the drive thru's.

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, for my ratio of finds it's something like 1:10 for MRW to CRW silvers, I will say last week the bank I went to only had one roll which was a MWR oddly enough (guessing someone only broght in $490 with them to pick up a box haha) but that roll had 2 bens and 2 40% kens. Idk how rare that is for some of you guys out of California, but I usually only find silvers in like 1 out of every 15 or 20 rolls (searching halves that is).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread