Todays finds and a question about two errors I found "PICS"

Lyfeguard

Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Todays finds and a question about two errors I found "PICS"

Today was good. Picked up two boxes from one of my regular banks. Found 2-64's and 1-65, 7-66's, 2-67's and 1-69. I also stumbled upon two error coins. Both are off centered obverse's. In the pic you can see the 1983p is more obvious than 1992d. My question to all of you is- How off center does the image have to be to be considered an error? Having CRHed for a while now I regularly see when one edge is a little thicker/thinner then it's opposite side, but I chalk it up to wear and tear. These however are noticeably off center.

photo(18)edit.jpg

photo(19)edit.jpg

Upvote 0

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Todays finds and a question about two errors I found "PICS"

I have found many that were far more off than that. I dont think its rare.

postvmvs

Dec 4, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

If the reverse is not off-center as well it's just a misaligned die and definitely no premium.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ditto on that, I used to keep any coin that was slightly off until I really got into CRH and realized how many of them there were. They've gotta be really far off to be worth anything.

It's funny how much I kept in the beginning, such as misaligned dies, any toned coins, 50s nickels :laughing9:. After you CRH you really realize what is rare and what's not, a lot of those I put back into circulation and used the money to gamble with

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread