Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Upvote 0

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
I never ask for teller tray coins- Maybe I need to start it when I am picking up or dumping...
Glad you had a good score!
N8

bnicholas26

Apr 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bare Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sheepish to ask while dumping. "Here's $500 of halves I'd like cash, by the way, do you have and halves?". However I always try to gaze over the counter at the trays without looking too obvious. If I see something suspect THEN I'll ask.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
santafeboy said:
Days like this are why we do this!!

that was a great score! :icon_thumright:

love those customer halves. :)

you found about 3 - 4 times as much silver in those loose halves as I have in my last 20 boxes - and you don't have anything to dump - it was a 100% success (or close to it). Searching customer halves & searching boxes is almost like two different hobbies - but with the same objective. It's just that one tactic produces so much better results - for most of us I believe anyway.

OP
OP
S

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
bnicholas26 said:
I'm sheepish to ask while dumping. "Here's $500 of halves I'd like cash, by the way, do you have and halves?". However I always try to gaze over the counter at the trays without looking too obvious. If I see something suspect THEN I'll ask.
This bank the tellers know I coin roll hunt and are cool with it. They always put old or unusual coins aside for me.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, i have yet to have a bank hold old coins for me, but EVERY bank knows what I do. I prefer to be up front with them, it seems to help in the long run-

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Most if not all banks I ask for loose halves they have one coin or nothing. I don't know how they put those aside for you. You must have some real special relationship with them. I suppose you never told them about finding Ag. I'm surprised that they don't know about it by now. All banks I stop at all know about them and if they had any, it's all clad. Congrats on that.. I haven't had a loose coin score like that in a long long time.

OP
OP
S

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Update went back to this bank for the last 2 boxes. Box 3 - 6 40%s !!. Box 4 - skunk. Also someone dumped $66 in Eisenhowers today ( all clad ) which are going to my Eisenhower guy at $1.30 each

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I had a 30% premium Ike buyer. I had a 10% premium Ike buyer for a while but I think he's had enough Ike's and I may not be able to get another buyer for just $1.10 each. Oh well, I'd still rather be stuck with clad Ike's than green paper. At least the clad Ike's have some intrinsic value. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread