55 boxes This weeks totals So So Week! Sorry i fixed totals.

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 55 boxes This weeks totals So So Week!

I know you posted about that box earlier as having 31 40%'s and 2 90%'s, if I remember correctly. Are you saying that out of the other 54 boxes you only got 2 more 90%'s?

Steelers0626

Oct 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Im just saying, i warned you about this, when you do insane, no job, volume, this is what happens, did 8 boxes this week and got higher totals than you. Just some more advice, cut back on the volume, maybe half of what you are doing = less skunks for you, and a better week next week for all of us.

P.S.
Not trying to be rude, just trying to give some friendly advice.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Steelers0626 said:
Im just saying, i warned you about this, when you do insane, no job, volume, this is what happens, did 8 boxes this week and got higher totals than you. Just some more advice, cut back on the volume, maybe half of what you are doing = less skunks for you, and a better week next week for all of us.

P.S.

That is not how I see it. I thank you Tim for taking 50 skunks away and dumping them on TD or whatever national bank that takes the motherload of clad. HH

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

F

Farchaus2k

Steelers0626 said:

P.S.

+1

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Steelers0626 said:

P.S.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

Steelers0626 said:

P.S.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Steelers0626 said:

P.S.

If I had the dumping options, I'd do 100 boxes a week. If I didn't burn out, and/or felt like doing more (and had the time to do so), I'd go for 200.

So if I understand your post correctly, you're stating that TimZim should do less volume so that there is more silver left out there for the rest of us. I am assuming that is what you meant by, "a better week next week for all of us." So that means if you walk into a coin shop tomorrow and they are selling ASE's for $10 each, you would only buy a few and save the rest for other collectors? That's very noble. Since I'm only currently doing 2 boxes a week, and you're doing 8, would you mind cutting your order back to 2 boxes as well so that you don't have an advantage over me? Of course you wouldn't do that and I don't blame you. Who gets to decide how much is too much and why?

Personally, I disagree 100% with your post. I don't believe I have the right to tell another CRHer how much volume is "too much." Should other CRHers attempt to tell me to "cut it back", I would likely suggest a place they could visit and even an activity they could do with themselves while they were there. ;D I don't feel any obligation whatsoever to not get every scrap of silver that I'm able to get in this hobby, nor do I feel that others have an obligation to "save" any for me. CRH is not a "team" sport. I firmly believe in getting all you can, while you can.

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011

ArkieBassMan said:
Steelers0626 said:

P.S.

If I had the dumping options, I'd do 100 boxes a week. If I didn't burn out, and/or felt like doing more (and had the time to do so), I'd go for 200.

So if I understand your post correctly, you're stating that TimZim should do less volume so that there is more silver left out there for the rest of us. I am assuming that is what you meant by, "a better week next week for all of us." So that means if you walk into a coin shop tomorrow and they are selling ASE's for $10 each, you would only buy a few and save the rest for other collectors? That's very noble. Since I'm only currently doing 2 boxes a week, and you're doing 8, would you mind cutting your order back to 2 boxes as well so that you don't have an advantage over me? Of course you wouldn't do that and I don't blame you. Who gets to decide how much is too much and why?

Personally, I disagree 100% with your post. I don't believe I have the right to tell another CRHer how much volume is "too much." Should other CRHers attempt to tell me to "cut it back", I would likely suggest a place they could visit and even an activity they could do with themselves while they were there. ;D I don't feel any obligation whatsoever to not get every scrap of silver that I'm able to get in this hobby, nor do I feel that others have an obligation to "save" any for me. CRH is not a "team" sport. I firmly believe in getting all you can, while you can.

+1... If I had the ability, I would take ALL boxes of halves in the country, and leave you all with none! Wear it out TimZim!

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ArkieBassMan,

Nicely put.

apush :read2:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

Let Tim do what he can until he reaches a plateau of where his area is dry. By that point, he can only blame himself for bleeding his area dry. Let him decide on when to stop or slow down based on what his ratio of finds are and when and if it's worth it to keep going. If my area was great and rich with Ag, I would still keep going.

My area has slowed down by a lot. I am doing less volume and focusing more on stock trading but that is my area. Everyone's area is different. Let them find out for themselves the best course of action.

optix

Jan 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am sorry folks but some of the comments make no sense. I do not know about you guys but I am doing this for the money. Not for my health, not as a hobby because i have nothing better to do. Nothing will make me happier than draining every single silver coin in my area.

50centman

Feb 25, 2008

Tim, Based on the pictures of the odd stuff you are getting I would bet you are ordering bags of coin and not boxes, You would never be be getting all that odd stuff in boxes. Based on your results, I would say you are running out of bag pallets and are soon to hit the wall. I only say this because I have been there and done that but it was years ago. It was something else while it lasted!

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

50centman said:
Tim, Based on the pictures of the odd stuff you are getting I would bet you are ordering bags of coin and not boxes, You would never be be getting all that odd stuff in boxes. Based on your results, I would say you are running out of bag pallets and are soon to hit the wall. I only say this because I have been there and done that but it was years ago. It was something else while it lasted!

Tim is in NJ, within ear shot from the Philly mint. How will he ever run out of halves to search?

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Most everyone posted spot on, do all the volume you can sanely do and dump with ease.

Happy Hunting Tim and looking forward to next weeks totals.

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bigheed said:

+1

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Steelers0626 said:

P.S.

+1

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

koala33 said:
Steelers0626 said:

P.S.

+1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread