Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
Just wanted to share my experience with buying a bag out of an automatic coin counter machine.

Thought I was going to hit a potential good load of silver halves. I only found 2 40's in a $1000 bag. Paid cash at a bank, and was given a warning that it could be off. The machine has never miscounted my coins more that $1 per $1000, so I didnt worry about it.

Well I dumped those coins today and the bag was about $100 short! That ate up all my profits for the entire month. Buyer beware on those bags of coins.

If you have an established relationship, maybe you can make a case to the manager. I don't even have an account at this bank yet.

Apparently the banks have an ongoing account with the coin companies and they credit & debit their balance with them for overages & shortages, so the branches don't care if they are off in a particular bag.

Just a warning - if you think that bag in the machine is a "pot o' silver" - you might get short changed.

Upvote 0

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
danya said:
sagittarius98 said:
TimZim said:
I do good with bags. And easy to check. No unwraping :thumbsup:

I also think that bags are good. When I will start CRH, I will probably be only searching bags.

.............(*AHEM*) You mean because you can't order boxes at CU?................

Not that easy to do at my CU, they do have a lot of CWR dimes available, and always have a few thousand in quarter boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread