bicentennials and c mints?

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a bag of 120 halves (that's all the bank had) and went through and found a 90% and 2 40% but I also found a bunch of bicentennials. Are they worth anything? I know the quarters are still a quarter but wasn't sure about the halves. Also I heard that the c mints are worth a little bit. I didn't look carefully for that yet but I'm going to. Is there physically a C on them? I've found Ps and ones without a letter so I wasn't sure. Thanks!

Upvote 0

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know they never mad a C mint. There were some CC's (Carson City) made way back in the day. Some of the bicentennials were 40% silver. They would have the S mint mark but most of those are clad. A regular bicentennial is worth fifty cents.

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mistake, it must have been the S mints rather. I saw it in the beginners thread. Something about proofs or something. Being new to this I'm not really sure what this means and how much they might be worth.

OP
OP
jnb1994

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I don't plan on keeping $60 dollars worth of half dollars lying around haha. I guess the S marks physically have an S on the coin? What does it mean when there's no mark?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes I don't plan on keeping $60 dollars worth of half dollars lying around haha. I guess the S marks physically have an S on the coin? What does it mean when there's no mark?

It is then Philly minted. That is only on pennies currently, but was on other coins before.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread