BEGINNERS GUIDE TO COIN ROLL HUNTING!!! + TERMS - Page 14
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 242
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: BEGINNERS GUIDE TO COIN ROLL HUNTING!!! + TERMS

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #196
    us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    5,929
    745 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by fongu View Post
    Do you find any error coins or are you just concentrating on silver coins?
    Those of us who are collectors, like me, search for errors too. Many just hoard silver for money and don't concentrate on collector values.

  2. #197
    us
    Nov 2011
    Sulphur, NV
    1,497
    420 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Yes, don't dump where you pick up. If you do you may upset the master jedi who controls the space/time transfer device that routes the armored cars. If you piss him off, you are totally screwed.
    Last edited by namster; May 10, 2012 at 10:05 PM.
    CoinFetcher and yorkiemiki like this.

  3. #198

    Mar 2012
    1,330
    866 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have cataracts and the magnifying glass or even loupes with led lights give me a headache. The usb is more comfortable and viewable for me and my circumstances. The only problem I have is trying to find one not made in China.
    SherryBerry21 likes this.

  4. #199
    us
    Apr 2012
    Left coast
    Love to treasure hunt
    2,130
    2322 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by fongu View Post
    I have cataracts and the magnifying glass or even loupes with led lights give me a headache. The usb is more comfortable and viewable for me and my circumstances. The only problem I have is trying to find one not made in China.
    Sounds like a difficult task.

  5. #200
    us
    Apr 2012
    East Coast
    724
    128 times
    US Coins
    I have a noob question. I'm about to order my first box. I'm getting sick of looking for CWRs only to come up empty handed. I'm going to be ordering from BofA. Would I have to pay for the box at the time of ordering? How long does it usually take for a box to deliver? Thanks!

  6. #201
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    837
    188 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by usernameerror View Post
    I have a noob question. I'm about to order my first box. I'm getting sick of looking for CWRs only to come up empty handed. I'm going to be ordering from BofA. Would I have to pay for the box at the time of ordering? How long does it usually take for a box to deliver? Thanks!
    Idk if you've had this answered or not yet, but generally what you'll want to do is pay for it when you go in to the bank to pick it up. When you're on the phone with whoever is placing the order for you, simply explain that you will not be returning the coins for deposit and that you will be there to pick it up as soon as it is delivered. The biggest bank in the country shouldn't take longer than two to three days to order a box for you. Hope this helps.

  7. #202
    us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    5,929
    745 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Also, try not to order from a bank that charges fees.

  8. #203
    us
    Apr 2012
    East Coast
    724
    128 times
    US Coins
    Quote Originally Posted by crhstreetwalker View Post
    Idk if you've had this answered or not yet, but generally what you'll want to do is pay for it when you go in to the bank to pick it up. When you're on the phone with whoever is placing the order for you, simply explain that you will not be returning the coins for deposit and that you will be there to pick it up as soon as it is delivered. The biggest bank in the country shouldn't take longer than two to three days to order a box for you. Hope this helps.
    Thanks! The vault manager at my "main" bank absolutely hates his life. I think it's going to be difficult to convince him to order halves. I'll probably have to open an account with another bank to order halves. Has anyone had any luck with certain banks or does it just depend on the employees? Thanks.
    Totals:
    Amount Searched as of 05/7/13 - $24,087.50

    90% Kennedy - x15
    40% Kennedy - x44
    Franklin - x10
    Walker - x6
    Roosevelt - x38
    Mercury - x3
    War Nickel - x4
    Buffalo Nickel - x4



    = 1 New CRH Find

  9. #204
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    837
    188 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by usernameerror View Post
    Thanks! The vault manager at my "main" bank absolutely hates his life. I think it's going to be difficult to convince him to order halves. I'll probably have to open an account with another bank to order halves. Has anyone had any luck with certain banks or does it just depend on the employees? Thanks.
    Honestly, every branch is different. You'll have to kind of "feel" out which banks and branches are good and which are bad.

  10. #205
    us
    Aug 2011
    1,948
    881 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    When you first start take your time and remember every little bit adds up to a nice pile good luck to all !!!!!!

  11. #206
    us
    Dec 2011
    Port Of Pittsburgh PA.
    Minelab E-TRAC & Garrett Pinpoint Pro
    27
    Shipwrecks
    First try , I went to the bank asked for some halves from my favorite teller, she had two rolls which ended up yielding two coins dated 1966 and 1968. Getting silver fever!! Question when someone is talking about buying a bag or box of.... say quarters how much is it, and do you have to place an order at the bank?

  12. #207
    us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    5,929
    745 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff.L View Post
    First try , I went to the bank asked for some halves from my favorite teller, she had two rolls which ended up yielding two coins dated 1966 and 1968. Getting silver fever!! Question when someone is talking about buying a bag or box of.... say quarters how much is it, and do you have to place an order at the bank?
    You will have to order a box of halves, but other denominations may be available at a bank.

    Boxes:

    Cents- $25 (2500 coins)
    Nickels- $200 (4000 coins)
    Dimes- $250 (2500 coins)
    Quarters- $500 (2000 coins)
    Halves- $500 (1000 coins)
    Dollars- $1000?


    Bags vary, but are usually double a box amount.

  13. #208
    us
    Dec 2011
    Port Of Pittsburgh PA.
    Minelab E-TRAC & Garrett Pinpoint Pro
    27
    Shipwrecks
    Thanks

  14. #209

    Jun 2012
    Northern California
    175
    49 times
    CRH, garage sales
    Dollars- $1000?
    Yep. 40 rolls of $25 for small dollars. Large dollars are $20 a roll, so I assume a box would have been the normal 50 rolls for $1000.

    And some banks use $500 boxes of dimes. Only Bank of America does in my area, YMMV.

  15. #210
    us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    5,929
    745 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by clorox View Post
    And some banks use $500 boxes of dimes. Only Bank of America does in my area, YMMV.
    My CU has $1000 bags of dimes.
    JSpinner likes this.

 

 
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

bulldog ale house
,
coin hunting
,
coin hunting bank
,
coin hunting tips
,
coin roll hunting
,
coin roll hunting for beginners
,

coin roll hunting tips

,
how to coin roll hunt
,
how to coin roll hunt for profit
,
quarter roll hunting
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0