Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: CUT OFF BY CHASE IN NY, WARNING DO NOT ORDER MORE THAN 2 BOXES

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2009
    Brookland, AR
    E-trac, White's DFX
    688 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperHunter View Post
    ...Move all your loans to a bank that is willing to favor the hobby. They deserve your business.
    +1.

us
    Feb 2012
    31 times
    Coin roll hunting
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the bank losing $2,000,000,000 in badinvestments. That is 2 with a B. Probably going to order coin for themselvesand have the tellers on their down time to search for silver. The CEO's stillhave to get their million dollar bonuses.

us
    Mar 2011
    17 times
    I know 2 people that have gotten similar letters, 1 in NJ and one in FL.

I'm in the same boat as d2arcing when it comes to Chase. After a couple orders they either claim it's too expensive to order, they need to charge a fee or they blame it on management.

us
    Nov 2011
    Sulphur, NV
    419 times
    Thats interesting, perhaps an east coast thing? Out here they have been supplying me for 5 months no issues. I do maintain a health balance in the account though.

us
    Feb 2012
    155 times
    Coin roll hunting
    I just went into a chase to see if they had some lose halves and the teller told me they stopped making those when kennedy died....sigh

us
    Apr 2011
    201 times
    JP Morgan just had their first loss since the Obama rescue. Could be a reason why....
    This is not true...but JP Morgan did have a big fiscal boo boo. They had an investment portfolio that was supposed to hedge against riskier investments (something along those lines) and they shared that they mismanaged it and lost $2 Billion.

However, in the same news broadcast they said don't feel to bad for Chase they made $4 Billion in income. I believe this is first quarter income. The JP Morgan Chase person then said they are liquidating the rest of this portfolio.....first thing that came to mind is oh great now they will have tons of cash to stack physical at the low price.....better stack, stack, stack, this dip isn't going to last very long!

HH
    Bigheed

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    in front of you in the bank
    1315 times
    bank of america claims that 2 boxes of half dollars is too much for them to order and told me they will not order me halves or any denomination... needless to say, I dropped my account there, had CD's, mortgage, savings, and checking accounts there... went to a friendlier bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by db23 View Post
    I know 2 people that have gotten similar letters, 1 in NJ and one in FL.

I'm in the same boat as d2arcing when it comes to Chase. After a couple orders they either claim it's too expensive to order, they need to charge a fee or they blame it on management.
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

us
    Nov 2009
    Tri state area, USA
    Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
    76 times
    I don't mean to be a downer or rain on anyones parade, but I think eventually in time other banks will follow suit. Already I see the aggravation on a lot of tellers faces. Not only are they tired of ordering coins, taking coins out of vaults but they are also tired of changing coin bags at the coin arcades. Someday CRHing will be a thing of the past. At least that is my opinion & prediction. Like they say..."all good things must come to an end."
    2009 Find Totals (in progress):

1775 King George copper
    3 dollars (2 Presential Washington & 2 Sacagawean)
    3 Kennedy clad halves
    417 Quarters (3 silver dated '34, '48 & '63)
    423 Dimes (includes a few Mercs & silver Roseys)
    1 Buffalo (no date)
    Nickels ?
    Cents ?
    1 key

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    186 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    This is an interesting thread as all of my pick up banks are JP Moragn Chase. The first Chase I ordered from awhile ago told me about not being able to order anymore, but my other 6 are all very helpful and friendly when it comes to ordering. Hell they even offered to take the coins back once I was done with them. Definitely not going to do that though, but you get the point. Haven't had any real problems with chase yet, my weekly 10k will be here Wednesday!
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; May 11, 2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Language

us
    Nov 2011
    Sulphur, NV
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crhstreetwalker View Post
    This is an interesting thread as all of my pick up banks are JP Moragn Chase. The first Chase I ordered from awhile ago told me about not being able to order anymore, but my other 6 are all very helpful and friendly when it comes to ordering. Hell they even offered to take the coins back once I was done with them. Definitely not going to do that though, but you get the point. Haven't had any real problems with chase yet, my weekly 10k will be here Wednesday!
    10K from one branch?
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; May 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    186 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    but my other 6 are all very helpful and friendly when it comes to ordering.
    I pickup from 6 branches namster. I would have to be insane to withdraw 10k at one time.

us
    Nov 2009
    Tri state area, USA
    Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
    76 times
    Why was my post deleted? Opinions & predictions can't be expressed here? It was deleted because the forum police know I'm right.
    2009 Find Totals (in progress):

1775 King George copper
    3 dollars (2 Presential Washington & 2 Sacagawean)
    3 Kennedy clad halves
    417 Quarters (3 silver dated '34, '48 & '63)
    423 Dimes (includes a few Mercs & silver Roseys)
    1 Buffalo (no date)
    Nickels ?
    Cents ?
    1 key

us
    Nov 2011
    Sulphur, NV
    419 times
    I pickup from 6 branches namster. I would have to be insane to withdraw 10k at one time.

Roger that lol. I am thinking of adding some Chase pickups.

us
    Sep 2008
    187 times
    I almost got something like this in 2010. Bank XXX has a QC department which are hundreds miles away from where I live. The department use some computer software to analysize customer's activity and I was caught for dumping too much (10+ bags per week). One day my branch manager (the branch that I opened my account) called me to see her in her office ASAP or would close my account. In her office I was told: stop dumping halves immediately or will close my account; I can open a commerical/business account and pay $3 per bag. It's ordered by the QC department and she can't help it. My account was under watching closely. Besides being watched this is a note on my account for every teller to see "don't exchange coins on this account". For this bank I have to apply a business license first in order to open a business account. Too much trouble and the silver was drying up anyway so I just stopped dumping to bank XXX. After all it's just a hobby for me anyway. I cut down my searching significantly and did a lot of bank humping (most tellers in this bank still sell halves to me even with that note because non-silver-collecting tellers really hate halves)

However, I was told that I could do the normal reasonable things like other personal account holders, such as buying a roll of quarter for laundry machine once a while; submitting a bag of mixed coins for counting every several months in her branch only.

I did treat all my dump branches with lots of goodies. As the manager said this was from the top.

According to the "Agreement" bank XXX can close my account without giving me any reason just the same as Chase. I have a big direct deposit to my account and I always keep more than 20K in my account that's why they did still want me as a customer but want to make $1500+ more per year on me. I don't blame them for wanting to charge me at all because if I own a business serving customers I would do the same. "More service, more fee; less service, less fee; too much service, too little fee then no way". I use their bags for free and the machine maintainane, labor are all justifiable. My 20K only give the bank $800 profit per year if they loan them as a mortgage.

I believe all the big banks have a similar department (QC or lost prevention whatever) which are full of computer geeks to analyze customer's activity. CRHers are not normal customers and we are not most profitable if not costing customers. "Stay under radar" is a kind advice but some big jerks here would think I am jealous and a hater. They want to order/dump hundreds of boxes per week just because they want to!!!
    Last edited by Yinzi50; May 11, 2012 at 10:24 PM.

us
    Nov 2011
    Sulphur, NV
    419 times
    Prudence will go a long way in this endeavor. Dumping 10K/week on one bank is going to raise a flag in all likelihood.
    frankendime likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors