namster totals halves 5/7-5/11 horrible week

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things are grinding to a halt in my parts. Still found some silver but few and far between. I had to buy myself a Barber half at the coin shop to ease the suffering lol. I did pull a 70D, that was pretty cool I guess. I am restarting orders in bank 1 and 4 to see if things are improving in those pools.

1.25 OZ

Bank 1:

1) Skunk
2) Skunk

Bank 2:

1) Skunk
2) Skunk
3) Skunk
4) Skunk
5) Skunk
6) 65
7) Skunk
8 ) Skunk
9) Skunk
10) Skunk
11) Skunk

Bank 3:

1) 66
2) 60
3) 66, 68, 70D
4) 68

Bank 4:

No orders

Bank 5:

No orders

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice on bank 3, and the 70d though!! I would take that week considering what I am getting... you can't have silver pouring on you all the time :(

Hope next week is better!
HH
Buff

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course you are right lol. It does get disheartening though, going through box after box. The 70D was a sweet find, though at first I thought it was a 90% proof by the look of the rim. I was let down at first, then it sunk in that it was a 70. Hows the boxes out near you?

nice on bank 3, and the 70d though!! I would take that week considering what I am getting... you can't have silver pouring on you all the time :(

Hope next week is better!
HH
Buff

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I though my 6 boxes were alot !!! 4 were skunks and the other 2 had 3 90% and 6 40% .trying to decide if i should order 6 boxes of dimes and either 4 halves or 4 quarters!

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
This is reality, the silver does not come on a steady basis. It is a hit or miss game. The 1970 is a nice find, it sweetens the sour reality of skunk boxes.
Keep hunting and the dream box will come.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I am in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Californistan. How have your numbers been this week?
Where is that at again? Lol. On Wednesday I picked up 9k instead of 10k. Out of those 18 boxes I pulled 65 40%, 7 90% one of which was a 45D walker and 63D Ben, along with other little goodies.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is that at again? Lol. On Wednesday I picked up 9k instead of 10k. Out of those 18 boxes I pulled 65 40%, 7 90% one of which was a 45D walker and 63D Ben, along with other little goodies.

That is a very impressive total. I have had weeks like that but they are not common.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
These are garda boxes if that makes a difference. I have my pickup banks (chase) serviced by garda, and all of my dump banks serviced by brinks. This ensures I won't search my own dumps.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are garda boxes if that makes a difference. I have my pickup banks (chase) serviced by garda, and all of my dump banks serviced by brinks. This ensures I won't search my own dumps.

Well, not really. There are people out there doing the opposite. We all search dumps. I just went through 10 boxes of dirty diaper stinky dumps.

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 of my skunks had about 5 -7 marked with a green line !! in every single roll !

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boxes have been REAL slow, not one silver in the last 10 boxes, then again I only get 2 boxes a week. Hopefully I will hit up a big score one of these days, the reason I keep plugging away at this! I love the hobby, like someboy else said, silver or not, it is the thrill of opening the rolls, kind of like a scratch off lotto ticket.
Of course you are right lol. It does get disheartening though, going through box after box. The 70D was a sweet find, though at first I thought it was a 90% proof by the look of the rim. I was let down at first, then it sunk in that it was a 70. Hows the boxes out near you?

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the hobby, like someboy else said, silver or not, it is the thrill of opening the rolls, kind of like a scratch off lotto ticket.

I couldn't agree more. Though, 2-3 more weeks of numbers like this and I would have to cut back my volume considerably.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I love the hobby, like someboy else said, silver or not, it is the thrill of opening the rolls, kind of like a scratch off lotto ticket.

Phrase of the day!

CRH is not merely for profit, it's the excitement of anticipation for next half-dollar being not just another generic clad, but a Walking Liberty or a double clipped 1970S.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If every box had a bunch of silver in it this hobby would get boring. I feel that getting a few really good boxes in between a few skunks is probably better than finding silver in every roll all of the time. If this were the case coin roll hunting wouldnt be hunting at all. Dont get me wrong some of you guys going threw 15 to 20+ cases of skunks is unreal. I have never gone more than 4 boxes of skunks, and thats only happened once. . Im sure my time will come. Im taking a break from halves for a few weeks and gonna stick to dimes. I have been getting really lucky finding mercurys and barbers. HH

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
If every box had a bunch of silver in it this hobby would get boring. I feel that getting a few really good boxes in between a few skunks is probably better than finding silver in every roll all of the time. If this were the case coin roll hunting wouldnt be hunting at all. Dont get me wrong some of you guys going threw 15 to 20+ cases of skunks is unreal. I have never gone more than 4 boxes of skunks, and thats only happened once. . Im sure my time will come. Im taking a break from halves for a few weeks and gonna stick to dimes. I have been getting really lucky finding mercurys and barbers. HH

Wrong. I am in it purely for the money. What I pull from the rolls is my retirement, that is why I have strict limits on how much I get each week, found/purchased. I might not be able to live off $480 a month right now but with social security it would be a nice little boost. Hell, what I put into silver each month is over half of what my mom gets from her retirement.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
If you look back at my weekly totals you will see that bank 3 is not a consistent producer. That said, I did add 2 boxes to next weeks order.

Maybe someone periodically dumped a collection at that bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread