Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been CRHing nickels for about 5 years and I still haven't gotten a complete set together. Kudos to you! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Thanks. I have to roll all of my coins so I've been doing 2 - 3 boxes of nickels every week for a while now to mix in with my halves. I save any pre-60's and it seems like I have been finding less of them with every new box.

Hope you find what you need to finish your set.

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
I have done 2 complete sets of jefferson nickels in the last year. I was lucky enough to find what I think was someones collection dump that had the 38, 39, and 50 all mint marks in one box. The rest I was able to do over the last year. I am working on my 3rd set now. Feels good to only pay face for all those coins!!

Congrats!!

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, Minkybodl! It's a nice feeling to complete a set from circulation.
Are you located on the East Coast?

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Yes and no, West coast of Fl, Retirement town where the old folks tell me about the silver coins that they saved in the sixties and still have, at least until their kids come down on Vacation and need some beer money.

I did have a hard time finding the 39D and 50D and for some reason the 42S. Nickels are funny with how good of condition some of the older ones are still in, my 50D is real nice and even the 39D is not bad. Maybe I'll wait until I find another one of either of them before I start going through the rest of my pre-60's and start putting them into my next book.

Thanks again

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been CRHing nickels for about 5 years and I still haven't gotten a complete set together. Kudos to you! :thumbsup:

Codes, I've got a ton of pre 1960 Nickels lying around here. I've already completed 5 sets at this point. Send me a PM with what you are missing, maybe I can help out.

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I did another box of nickels today and couldn't believe it when I flipped over another 1939 nickel and there was the D mintmark. I must have found 60-80 1939's with no mintmarks before I found my first one with a D and now I get two in a row. Was a good box with 4 war nickels, 43p, 44p, 45p, and a 43s and 16 pre-60's in it. I guess I'll have to go get another book and start my second set now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread