SW Oakland County, MI
Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, if your worst box is seven wheats you're still doing good Bob! What was the hole you filled? How many are you missing from your 1941-1974 book? Isn't it great to fill those holes!

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
That's still pretty good,and at least you didn't get skunked! Keep searching you'll find more in the future. :)

OP
OP
HobBob

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
LOL... you guys are incredible. Thanks for the encouragement!
OK, I'm trying to remember which hole I filled... I think it was either the 1942 or the 1947D.
I still have a lot of holes to fill (42 to be exact).

As you can probably tell, I decided not to get the box of nickels just yet... just couldn't bring myself to spend the $100 to get it. So I guess I'll stay with the pennies for a while! I'm trying to get two boxes a month at present. On the up side, I now have about 5 boxes of zinc to get rid of to plow into more copper and wheaties.

Thanks again.
HH,
Bob

98 gt

Oct 5, 2006
what pennies are you missing? i may send some your way if you like... have 3 of the dansco books (big brown albums) that are only missing a few coins in them. the most complete is only missing 09s vdb, 09 s, and a 31d and of course the 55 ddo.

OP
OP
HobBob

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
98 gt said:
what pennies are you missing? i may send some your way if you like... have 3 of the dansco books (big brown albums) that are only missing a few coins in them. the most complete is only missing 09s vdb, 09 s, and a 31d and of course the 55 ddo.
Thank you, my friend! That is truly a very generous offer, but more than half the fun of it for me is in the hunt. I plan to stay in the hunt for the long haul. ;D
HH,
Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread