Ready to ROLL!

ianSF

Apr 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
My %#$@#@#$% bank just decided to get rid of their free coin counting machine. Before, I was able to dump in $500 in halves, get a receipt and deposit the receipt with no fees taken. The coins were taken away and I could rest assured I wouldn't see them again. This also came in handy when I hit banks and got handfulls of loose halves. Now they will only accept rolled coins.

Did some searching this am and found a website that sells half dollar rolls but with a 5000 wrapper minimum. Came to about $20 + shipping.

I'll no longer be able to go thru a $500 box on my lunch hour. >:(

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

ianSF

Apr 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
I'm in San Francisco. Thanks for the info, I'll call around and see if I can find one. A new bank branch "County Bank" just opened up recently. They have a machine in their lobby but it's 10% for non-customers and 3% for customers.

Ian

OP
OP
I

ianSF

Apr 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Just called a large Union Bank branch in the SF Financial district. Lady who answered claimed not to know of any coin machines at their branches in the Bay Area. >:(

The hunt continues...

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
ringding said:
Bank service has really declined.

H E L L yeah. I can only get lowest rate here. And that is with account 10% charge on all returned coin. Of course if I had 20,000 or so in thier bank would be no charge. I know someone they do that for, but I cannot directly prove it, nor will they admit it to any sort of paper to print.

Not that it would matter. No one down here would hear my story anyway. But that's what happens in small places $20,000 population, not all small places mind you, but in small places where most peps don't really care for each other. No unity down here is a real problem. Not even family unity is found often. As a bonus I am too far away from larger cities gas wise to make all of this economical.

Sad part they do not have to roll the coin or count it by hand.

Gah, I should just quit posting this. In fact this is the last time I will mention this. It just makes me sick, and I am sure you are all sick of hearing it.

BANKS are the suck here though.

Postalrevnant

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy wrappers????????????

I'm way too cheap for that - I get the freebies from the bank!

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Postalrelevant, do you live in Georgia? Cause it sounds like you live in Georgia. Rude bank tellers, poor service. Few intact families.

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Next Union bank you see stop and get the brochure with the listing of branch locations...Many do have free machines for customers. $50 bucks to open a savings account with no fees if you make a deposit of $25 once a month...which for most of us here is not a problem! ;D Don't know what it's worth but the gal who service the machine is easy on the eyes... ;)

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I travel a lot so i opened an account with CHASE bank. $50 to open account and no requirements above that. They seem to be in most states and do have cash machines with no charge to account holders.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread