Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wished 'Good Luck - Received Great Luck!

Hello,

I went to a part of town that does well for me. I went to the young man teller, who knows my story a little bit, hard for me to lie right to their face, when they ask if I am hunting silver. I asked for halves, and he got mildly excited to sell me the whole stash - 250 in bank rolled halves.

We talked about the WARM weather ( Western Washington ) - and talked about swimming for a second.

He said "Good luck finding silver" - in a tone that lead me to believe that he is not necessarily interested in silver himself. I said "thank you" - and headed to the car - with 500 coins in my pants.

1 in 100 coins had a silver. Including a 1964 in the very last roll. One roll had 2 silver.

I said a 'thank you praye'r to the gods, and thought about the nice teller who wished me luck.

I tactfully left out the 10 other banks I got skunked on that day.

O and 100 in ikes. havn't looked for a type 2 yet...

Upvote 0

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sometimes it all works out. With this economy, it wouldn't hurt to throw out a sob story I figure, detailing how you need the little extra income from the silver. Who knows.... maybe they'll start culling the teller tray just for you.
Best of luck to ya

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobby, I see an ad for 90 dollars in yen coin for 40 bucks. Should i pounce?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Bobby, I see an ad for 90 dollars in yen coin for 40 bucks. Should i pounce?

You mean 90 yen, or do you mean $90 yen? The former is worth just over a dollar, the latter I would take. You can either spend the approximately 7,100 yen (exchange for $90). Samson Coin Exchange in Philadelphia (http://sansomcoinexchange.com/buy_chart.pdf) also trades yen, but when you send it in, would only give you about $30 for the lot.

If it is 7,100 yen, are there any 100 yen coins? Pre-1967 100 yen coins are 60% silver.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread