Dime searchers please chime in.

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are always errors, but thats the same with all coins.

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy said:
Since I have time I'm gonna go through a box of dimes by hand. Is there ANYTHING at all worth keeping besides silver?

Proof coins. I usually just edge check for silver then pull any that look to have a wider rim hoping they are a proof. Plus I look for any to fill spots in my Whitman folders.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Proof coins. I usually just edge check for silver then pull any that look to have a wider rim hoping they are a proof. Plus I look for any to fill spots in my Whitman folders.

Good luck!
Cool what about the 1996 w? And the 1982 no p?

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
When I do dimes, I edge check, then spill them on the floor and quickly go through them to see if I see myself :)

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
I like searching dimes because by edge checking I can search a box in 20 min. I have found a clad proof but I'm sure I have missed some. If I faced check all or most dimes, I would end up quiting dimes.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I strictly edge check for silver. The first box that I ever got, I date-checked and it took FOREVER and was annoying me to the point that I wanted to smash things. Same reason I only do nickels every once in a while.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I only made it have way through the box. Dimes are sooooooo boring...

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a OLD roll of dimes yesterday.

It was a 3 dollar roll.

The teller had it set aside because it was unique.

No Silver though - but the paper is cool.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I just edge search dimes, look at fat rims to see if its a proof. The 1996 W dime is interesting, but its not likely that you'd be able to sell a circulated example for much, considering all the effort it would take (uncirculated ones sell for about $20) and the 1982 no P dime is certainly worth it if you can find one, but it would take forever to date search a box of dimes, let alone the several it would take to find one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread