Why arent we on the BANNER?

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We DON'T want the added attention. (= more competition = less silver)
That's the theory anyway.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because for the most part you're buying the finds. If I bought a coin collection once a week, and found a great coin mixed in, would that also qualify for the banner? Both make for interesting posts, but definitely are not banner worthy.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
We dont want the extra light. This is a secret hobby :headbang:. Taking silver from us is like taking food from our plates

OP
OP
D1MES_101

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
but dont most people on Tnet already know about CRH??

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most members here know about CRH, all posts appear under new posts, they only have to click to see.............

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is everyone so afraid of the "secret" getting out? You don't make anymoney CRH......the only way you turn a profit is if you don't pay for the gas driving to the bank. At 4 bucks a gallon you would need solid rolls quite often to make money. Unless you can do crazy volume and have a bank that will let you dump unlimited amounts next door. Most people will quickly see its not a get rich quick thing , its about the hunt not about the money...

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
what part of don't talk about CRH is hard to understand. If you want fame go get an M D and find as much silver as we do here and we will all vote banner for you.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Because for the most part you're buying the finds. If I bought a coin collection once a week, and found a great coin mixed in, would that also qualify for the banner? Both make for interesting posts, but definitely are not banner worthy.

It's different because you find it at face value, not at a value that is higher than face, but less than collectable value.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've been on the banner before, and had competition visibly rise. Most people don't bother to scroll all the way down the page to see subforums. Or, think we do not find anything of value. CRH'ing is a dying hobby, and the more people the pile on, the faster it dies. If it isn't the lack of finds, it will be the volume of hunters or wise tellers that will shut us down. Banks have been shutting me down due to naive hunters doing stupid things. I've already heard of armored trucks breaking down due to the increase in the number of coins.

HH
-GC

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've already heard of armored trucks breaking down due to the increase in the number of coins.

HH
-GC

hindenburg.gif

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's different because you find it at face value, not at a value that is higher than face, but less than collectable value.

That's no different than me buying a collection undervalued and flipping it for a good profit, not to mention as far as the banner is concerned what they would put up there from me would be much more interesting and impressive, because several things I've come across over the years were very rare to only being one known. But they still aren't worthy, even though I did put in a lot of time and hunting to get such deals. You just have to draw the line somewhere, and that line should be from what comes from the dirt.

PS: I really find it funny how some want to keep it so secretive because I wouldn't do it even if you paid me a min. wage rate per hour for all the time I would put in. I really dislike the thought of it that much.... same as video games.

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Got that right IP; only reason I roll hunt is because I enjoy it. I find hundreds of silvers every year and I don't profit, maybe I break even.

ffd

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is everyone so afraid of the "secret" getting out? You don't make anymoney CRH......the only way you turn a profit is if you don't pay for the gas driving to the bank. At 4 bucks a gallon you would need solid rolls quite often to make money. Unless you can do crazy volume and have a bank that will let you dump unlimited amounts next door. Most people will quickly see its not a get rich quick thing , its about the hunt not about the money...

No, not really, I pull about $5k a year in silver (gonna smash that this year) and spend maybe $2.5k on ALL gas. The time I put in is where I "lose" money, but I consider this a hobby, so I don't mind the 15-20 hours a week I spend doing this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread