11/21 Halves - slim pickins....

synapse

Oct 3, 2006
New England
I scrounged up $110 in halves from 5 banks - only found 3 40%ers (which is admittedly much better than 0, 1,or 2). But I think that officially dried up my half dollar supply around here for a while. I'll have to let it recharge for a few months I guess before I go back on the prowl. Hopefully I can manage to scrape up $500 to spend on a box soon....I don't want any withdrawl symptoms to show up. Maybe a few rolls of dimes before then will help. Argh, this addiction is getting bad bad bad :-\ ;D :-\ .

BTW - after 174 rolls of hunting, I've found 127 40%ers (1 per 1.36 rolls), and only 1 90% JFK and 1 Walker (1 per 174 rolls each - WEAK!!)
<---that walker was a beauty though :)

Upvote 0

The Gemologist

Sep 8, 2006
Seattle, WA
Yeah, it's tough once you get started, I'm trying two different banks for coins and to take my 1/2s two different banks, with over 40 locations between them to return the clad,

Keep the faith on finding silver, it's only a matter of time

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Glad to see you are not getting completely skunked. You will get a good pile on one I am sure. Order some boxes and you will eventually get one with a good 90% count. In the mean time that is a great count on the 40% per roll.

Rev

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread