Quarters Jackpot~!

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey all, As always, Wicka here :) :hello:
Well, first of all, Never Forget 9/11.. And thank you to all service members, home, and abroad!

And today, I walked into my bank, in hope of nabbing a silver dime in a few rolls...
But, walked in, empty bank, and a teller says we got a surprise for you!
(eyes roll) *thinks to self* probably a silver half, or quarter!
They call over girl from the drive through, she said she had...
FIVE SOLID ROLLS!
Well, she wasn't kidding folks!
solidrolls.jpg 200 25.jpg

I can't believe it, and I didn't believe it at first! I said thank you, and grabbed some dimes rolls. Walked to the common in town, and looked at the first 10 quarters in each roll.. All silvers, I went back and she was busy at the drive through, I went to my cousin who is a teller and said "Does she know she just gave me a thousand dollars?"
Teller- "she saved them for you!"
me- "Tell her that for me"
-walks out with tears in eyes-
moral of the story guys and gals, as RileyBoy once said... It's still out there... and I found that out for my self today :)
Totals today: 198 silver washingtons 2 dateless standing libertys :)
Happy Hunting all, and thank you for looking.
Wickaboag!
PS: Pray tonight, for those who were lost in the terrorist attacks on September 11th, 2001.

Upvote 0

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice now you can sell and start hunting!!! You have your start money.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, I want to thank you for remembering the 9/11 fallen and our service members! As I've said previously, you sound like a wonderful young man. No, I'll change that...you ARE a wonderful young man!

Second...:wav::wav::wav:

Congrats on the wonderful silver!

HH,
Anita

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Wicka,

Thanks for your thoughts on 911. I'm in the military (have been for 28 yrs with two deployments for OEF). All of us in uniform really treasure your support.

Also, welcome to the solid roll club! Very cool.

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Wicka,

Thanks for your thoughts on 911. I'm in the military (have been for 28 yrs with two deployments for OEF). All of us in uniform really treasure your support.

Also, welcome to the solid roll club! Very cool.
Numismaniac, Thank you so much! Really appreciate the people who fight for us, so I can sit here, and talk about coins all day :) You're a hero to us all!

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
First of all, I want to thank you for remembering the 9/11 fallen and our service members! As I've said previously, you sound like a wonderful young man. No, I'll change that...you ARE a wonderful young man!

Second...:wav::wav::wav:

Congrats on the wonderful silver!

HH,
Anita

Anita! thanks for the compliments, your son is in the marines correct? Please share a thank you to him! Really do appreciate their efforts to fight for our liberty, horrible that they have to do what they do, (sometimes make the ultimate sacrifice,) so we can do what we love to do here in the United States, I wish I could join the military, but asthma is preventing me :( I want to start training at home, running for any longer then a few minutes takes it out of me. :( Football used to be fun, but I just can't handle it, play a few minutes, and sit the rest of the game out. Please thank your son, and thank you for letting him protect our freedoms!
Really Appreciate it,
Wickaboag. :)

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Unbelievable...congratulations!! I've been at this for a long time and I'm still waiting to find/receive my first solid roll. It's only a matter of time, and stories like this keep us going!!!

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Unbelievable...congratulations!! I've been at this for a long time and I'm still waiting to find/receive my first solid roll. It's only a matter of time, and stories like this keep us going!!!
A lot of people have been getting solid rolls, or atleast great rolls (mostly solid) and I've been jealous, previous to today, last 4-5 boxes have been skunk-a-roos! Time will tell my friend, best of luck to you, may the Ag be with you!
Wickaboag

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope the IRS doesn't read these sites great find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions