First Silver Found! - Finally LOL

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to a small branch office that is in my tiny hometown. Never went inside before but i had called ahead to see if they had any half rolls. They did though they said they only had 40 bucks worth. I told them that I would take them. When I got there the next day they actually had 8 rolls, 2 that they rolled in front of me. I could tell that there was no silver in those rolls but I took them anyways, thanking them with a smile. Five rolls with nothing until I got to the sixth one. Inside were 3 silver coins. I got a 1966, 1967, and 1969, only 40% worth 15 bucks but hey. after 4 trips to various banks here is my first silver as a CRH. I also found several coins that had greenish tarnish along the edges that look like silver. I have 2x1971, 3x1972, 1x1973, 2x1974 and 3x 1976 bicentenials (sp). Does anyone know if they are silver at all or is it just odd coloring. I did also find 1986, 1993, and 1992 that are really shiny. Man I wish I had a camera. Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Upvote 0

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Dump them all but the silver.. Unless they have an "S" mint mark which they are a proof. Check the mint marks before dumping. A Proof should have a mirror like reflection.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime they have between $30-60 in rolls seems to be when there's silver. I just had luck with a $50 CWR pickup, 9 silvers in total including 2 64's. Usually they only have loose clad or hundreds worth, which have already been searched. Collections seem to get deposited in that dollar range often

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job GarouLady. Always take them all. I see that greenish tarnish a lot when I search dimes and I think it's from the copper corroding. Never seen it on a silver coin. Congrats on your first crh silver.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congratulations!! Can't wait till I can say the same thing.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a small branch office that is in my tiny hometown. Never went inside before but i had called ahead to see if they had any half rolls. They did though they said they only had 40 bucks worth. I told them that I would take them. When I got there the next day they actually had 8 rolls, 2 that they rolled in front of me. I could tell that there was no silver in those rolls but I took them anyways, thanking them with a smile. Five rolls with nothing until I got to the sixth one. Inside were 3 silver coins. I got a 1966, 1967, and 1969, only 40% worth 15 bucks but hey. after 4 trips to various banks here is my first silver as a CRH. I also found several coins that had greenish tarnish along the edges that look like silver. I have 2x1971, 3x1972, 1x1973, 2x1974 and 3x 1976 bicentenials (sp). Does anyone know if they are silver at all or is it just odd coloring. I did also find 1986, 1993, and 1992 that are really shiny. Man I wish I had a camera. Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely, Garoulady

:hello: Congrats on the silver. MrSchulz & Mecury1 gave you good advice. 1987 & any half 2002 to current are NIFC. Those you may want to save. I have 1 of them each for my collection & the rest I send back to the wild for someone else to find. Anyway another addict is born.

HH
Gary

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GarouLady, if you search every day, you will find a little pile of silver every week. It's as sure as the sun rises every AM. At the end of the month, you have a stack of silver. At the end of a lifetime, you have a lifetime to enjoy.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
You know its funny. when i am working and someone is using the coinstar behind me I instinctively listen for silver. I can tell when its rejected, unfortunately I don't make it over in time to ask them if they want to trade it for coins that will go through the machine. I love silver, which is odd for a garou like me. The sound, the feel, the way I can pour a bunch of silver into my lap running fingers through it. And for the older coins, the awe of knowing this little scrap of god-created metal has been around not only for hundreds of years but as a coin made by man, that it has been around from hand to hand for as long as my dad and me put together.

I leave you with the little train of thought.

Sincerely, garoulady

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool! Loved that episode of "Johnny Quest", the one with Loup Garou".
Oh, and congrats on the silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions