Silver price

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Im liking this upward trend lately. Any educated guesses or predictions on just how
high it may climb ? Maybe a timeframe prediction etc. Im kind of curious about the
effect of the Winter months on precious metals prices. Never really researched it before.

I hope I didnt just jinx it BTW. Go Silver !!! LOL

Happy searching.

Upvote 0

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
There is a lot of gold and silver jewelry being bought as christmas gifts. Maybe that is responsible for the demand and thus the increase in price.

synapse

Oct 3, 2006
New England
Many of today's consumer electronics (TVs, computers) contain silver components because it's highly conductive and still fairly inexpensive, and since more and more electronics are being built (we all want a 52" plasma, right?)- the future looks good for silver investors. The thing to watch out for, however, is that although the price of silver looks like it keeps going up, this can partailly be attributed to the decrease in the value of the US dollar (a dollar just ain't what it used to be...). That probably didn't help one bit :P

OP
OP
RaptorSE

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
All the replys helped. I am fairly new to the whole metals thing - not sure what took
me so long to get into it... Ive been a coin / metal detecting junky my whole life... anyways...

It sure makes sense what you guys suggested. I did do a little research of past years clear back to
1983, and it doesnt look as if Christmas/ Winter had the same effect in other years.. So the value of
the dollar decreasing is probably the most direct cause. It is all very interesting ! Add to that the
fact of crazy electronics is on a super surge, and we get a rise in price.

I would have to agree also that the future of Silver investing looks promising. I may just have to hold
onto the hoard for bit longer :) - in the meantime, adding to it !

Thanks again all !

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
would $60.00 an ounce be too much to ask? hey, its happened before...

OP
OP
RaptorSE

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MMM, That'll work :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread