coinstar machine

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
No. Though Coinstar is used often as a generic term to refer to any coin counting machine. Very few banks use Coinstar branded machines because they cost per-month if they want to offer their customers it fee-free, but there are a couple banks here and there that will use it. Coinstar branded machines will reject silver, most coin counting machines will not. Different banks have different machines, my dump bank uses a Cummins JetSort sorter and it counts things fairly quickly, other banks have different machines.

Coinstar machines are (generally) green and will say the name COINSTAR all over the place. In general, it is not advisable to dump at a coinstar branded machine because they charge a fee to dump.

OP
OP
S

sax player

Apr 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. Though Coinstar is used often as a generic term to refer to any coin counting machine. Very few banks use Coinstar branded machines because they cost per-month if they want to offer their customers it fee-free, but there are a couple banks here and there that will use it. Coinstar branded machines will reject silver, most coin counting machines will not. Different banks have different machines, my dump bank uses a Cummins JetSort sorter and it counts things fairly quickly, other banks have different machines.

Coinstar machines are (generally) green and will say the name COINSTAR all over the place. In general, it is not advisable to dump at a coinstar branded machine because they charge a fee to dump.

So, when I hear about people buying bags of coins out of these machines, they buy them through the bank and not the coin counting compony?

Thanks,
~Sax Player

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread