Potentially EPIC bag of halves from coin counter

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received a call from a branch of a bank I have accounts with, saying they heard from a manager of another branch that I buy halves. The manager of this branch said the bag on their machine recently filled and she said I could have dibs buying it before she shipped it out. The branch is 40 min away, so I was hesitant to go out that way to get it, the manager said "sir, you really should come out for this bag of coin." Interesting...

So, I cancel my office hours and drive out there. Long story short, the freakin bag is loaded. Driving back to town I took a few handfuls and each time I saw 2-3 90% rims along with some 40%. I dumped the coin in a plastic bin and took the pic below, hard to tell but there are a bunch of 64s sitting on the top, along with a WL and some 40%. Ill update the post with a total, Im hoping for $50 face in 90%, that would be cool. HH everyone!

scaled.php

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised they don't buy it themselves sometimes.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call BS on you.

BS = Boy you Scored!

BS ! BS!

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compared to most of the boxes I have been getting lately I would be happy with what I see laying on the top of that picture.

Looks like a great find!!!

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received a call from a branch of a bank I have accounts with, saying they heard from a manager of another branch that I buy halves. The manager of this branch said the bag on their machine recently filled and she said I could have dibs buying it before she shipped it out. The branch is 40 min away, so I was hesitant to go out that way to get it, the manager said "sir, you really should come out for this bag of coin." Interesting...

So, I cancel my office hours and drive out there. Long story short, the freakin bag is loaded. Driving back to town I took a few handfuls and each time I saw 2-3 90% rims along with some 40%. I dumped the coin in a plastic bin and took the pic below, hard to tell but there are a bunch of 64s sitting on the top, along with a WL and some 40%. Ill update the post with a total, Im hoping for $50 face in 90%, that would be cool. HH everyone!

WOW!!.. Make sure you keep us updated.. Looks like the stuff dreams are made of... :headbang:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see ben's bell on the right middle.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I see a ben too. Screen Shot 2012-10-01 at 3.19.53 PM.png

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised they don't buy it themselves sometimes.

I asked about this, she said they dont allow it, especially off the coin machine for whatever reason.

Man, this is unreal...about half way through it.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm taking lunch right freaking now. to CRH. On my bike. Downtown Seattle.

BYE BYE

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score! Cant wait for the totals! 40-minute drive well spent! I'll bet the drive home was twice as long as you knee-steered checking out the sample handfuls!

missedshed

Sep 17, 2012
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! I like the walking liberty. Heck, I wish I could just come up with one silver half.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable man, way to go! Lately I've been having a heart attack every time I come on this forum. Its been a few months since I scored big, and that big score was really the only one I've had. I hunt a lot and get consistent results, but never really kill it. I've been hunting several grand of CWR for the last few weeks, I will find my solid rolls!!!! one of these days lol. HH and enjoy the bag!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm going to keep refreshing my browser until you post results LOL

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way that's hilarious about canceling your office hours, I've canceled mine for much less than a potentially good bag of halves (read as: happy hour)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
namster, epic picture, i see tons of silver, let us all know how you do, good luck if you're not finished, and if you are, hope your goals were surpassed!

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slammed through all $800 worth. Results below, now have to rush back to work! HH!

42D, 42P, 43P, 44P, 45S, 49Sx2, 52D, 52P, 57D, 60Dx3, 62Dx2, 63D, 64x49, 65x4, 66x4, 67x10, 68x3, 69x4

Plus three stowaways: 10 Pesos 1999, 2002, 1 Peso 1981

scaled.php

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread