I just had a thought.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By vetarun
  • 1 Post By CoinFetcher
  • 3 Post By ArkieBassMan

Thread: I just had a thought.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Seeker of enough wealth to quit my job.

Jul 2012
    Freakmont
    206 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I just had a thought.

Amazing yes, I know. Anyways has anyone ever heard of armored guards Crhing ? Not this crap the company culling but wouldn't it make sense that the guys delivering halves and picking up bags would try Crh for themselves? I never heard anyone ever mention it. Has anyone seen or know?

us
    Apr 2012
    Left coast
    Love to treasure hunt
    2323 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Dude...not likely. Loaded boxes would be a few grams heavier. Then they buy the boxes, and don't deliver the coin??

us
    Jan 2012
    39 times
    Maybe that is whats happening in Florida with all the rewrapped dumps. All they would have to do is buy 4 boxes of their own and dump them on the CRH and take the fresh and go thru them at night.. then repeat every day. Hot gluing at home with the spare boxes you get from work. Having a safe swapping place would be the problem with gps. I wouldn't put it past someone to try.

us
    Apr 2012
    Left coast
    Love to treasure hunt
    2323 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    The whole team would need a cut....this is a lone wolf sport. Lone wolves don't run with packs. The hunt alone, between 9 and 5, weekdays mostly.
    CurlysGold likes this.

us

Jul 2012
    Freakmont
    206 times
    I think this is more likely than the company installing comparators. It would look bad if it were made public. I'm not sure the risk reward is there for the dist company. But the guys who haul it. Yep, all day. You think they don't know hat were doing? Pease...

us
    Dec 2009
    AR
    Minelab E-Trac
    1059 times
    I've had many conversations with many bank managers and tellers over the years. While many of them will snatch any silver they come across, they do not actively search for it by buying rolls/boxes. Most of them say something like this, "I've been in this place 40+ hours a week, every week for 'X' number of years. The LAST thing I want to do in my off-time is look at more coins."

This makes sense. I play poker for a living. When I'm not working, the last thing I want to see is a deck of cards. Anything but a deck of cards. Of course, when my friends and I have a little get-together, thats exactly what they want to do, and cannot understand why I always try to talk them into doing something...anything else.

So, I would imagine that there are a few coin courier employees that CRH...but I bet it isn't many. What is "fun" to us, is "work" to them.

ca
    Sep 2011
    N/A
    62 times
    Dr.Bernanke is a hunter, legend has it every friday night after midnight he will prowl the Federal Reserve Vaults peeking into the currency sacks.

us
    Nov 2011
    Sulphur, NV
    420 times
    The couriers have a very tight schedule to maintain, I seriously doubt they have time to mess with the coin.

In my are they all seem to hate life. Anyone else notice this?

us

Jul 2012
    Freakmont
    206 times
    Quote Originally Posted by namster View Post
    The couriers have a very tight schedule to maintain, I seriously doubt they have time to mess with the coin.

Yea no, they would for sure have to do it after work. I'm talking about them. Using there own accounts to Crh in there off hours.

us
    cooper36

Nov 2011
    east coast
    194 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy View Post
    Amazing yes, I know. Anyways has anyone ever heard of armored guards Crhing ? Not this crap the company culling but wouldn't it make sense that the guys delivering halves and picking up bags would try Crh for themselves? I never heard anyone ever mention it. Has anyone seen or know?
    A member on T net told me he had a friend that was a Armed Guard that would cherry pick the boxes for him. (He didn't say how. I am thinking he did so by the date on the boxes.)

us
    cooper36

Nov 2011
    east coast
    194 times
    Quote Originally Posted by namster View Post

Namster your a teacher and you go through piles of paper work every day. ( I know the wify brings home a ton of it as she is a teacher too.) If your students started bringing you 10 times that amount of paper work looking for knowledge wouldn't you hate your life too?

Jul 2012
    119 times
    namster---Yep, in my area most guards will not even respond to a good morning, how you guys today? Maybe it has to do with the ten dollars an hour they are working for. They must have one heck of a employee turn over, ad's are in the paper every day.

us
    Jan 2012
    Maryland
    White's Coinmaster
    745 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post
    namster---Yep, in my area most guards will not even respond to a good morning, how you guys today? Maybe it has to do with the ten dollars an hour they are working for. They must have one heck of a employee turn over, ad's are in the paper every day.
    That might be a security thing, they may be told to not talk with anyone.

Sponsored Links